1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 7, 2018 5:52 AM by Intel Corporation

Relationship between pointcloud data indicies and aligned frame indicies

spektro

Hello,

I am working on a RealSense D435 multicamera setup where I show only those 3D points which are close enough to the related camera.

My actual workflow for each camera is:

Calculate the calibration rotation matrix and translation vector with a circle pattern using OpenCV

Using some post-filter to reduce aliasing

Align process based on the example

Calculate the pointcloud

I had some issue about using post-filtering before align but I got the answer from other topic. Currently I have a processing_block for the post-filter and the align with pointcloud calculation as well.

I also saw that when I want to use the aligned video_frame and the depth_frame to generate the pointcloud then the result is really strange so I use the post-filtered depth_frame to get the pointcloud and the aligned video_frame for the mapping. I dont know about this issue as well but my main problem is that I dont know how to get properly those point indicies at align which are close enough to the related camera. I noticed that the decimation filter can change the resolution but still not got it.

Here is my code for the align_process:

rs2::processing_block align_processing(  [&](rs2::frameset data, // Input frameset (from the pipeline)

rs2::frame_source& source) // Frame pool that can allocate new frames

{

std::vector<int> point_indicies;

auto frameset_data = align_frameset(profile, data, point_indicies, (*filter_config_ptr)->get_process_option("Depth_Clip"));

rs2::frameset aligned_frameset = source.allocate_composite_frame({ frameset_data.first, data.get_depth_frame() });

//the first is the aligned video_frame, the other the post-filtered depth_frame

auto depth_frame = aligned_frameset.get_depth_frame();

auto rgb_frame = aligned_frameset.get_color_frame();

pc.map_to(rgb_frame);

auto points = pc.calculate(depth_frame);

data_handler.lock();

output_d.points = points;     //rs2::points

output_d.pois = point_indicies;     //Only these points will be drawn

output_d.rgb_frame = rgb_frame;

if (calibration_m.valid) output_d.calibration_m = calibration_m;

data_handler.unlock();

source.frame_ready(aligned_frameset);

});

In the remove_background() function I store these indicies:

point_indicies.push_back((y / scale) * (width / scale) + (x / scale));

where y goes through the row and x through the column and scale = aligned_depth_frame.get_width() / depth_frame.get_width()

The result is:

pcloud.png

I marked with red circle that area where it shouldnt render the points.

Someone can see where is my problem or know a better way to get those indicies from the pointcloud?

Thanks for your support!