Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14402 Discussions

Intel Core i7 8086K core voltage range?

dmill12
Beginner

Hi,

I would like to know the core voltage range of the 8086k at 4.0GHz?

Thanks

leader.desslock

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello leader.desslock

Thank you for joining the Intel® community, allow me to help you with your inquiries about Intel® processor voltages.

Allow me to share with you the datasheet for 8th gen Intel® Core™ processor families (https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/datasheets/8th-gen-core-family-datasheet-vol-1.pdf https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/datasheets/8th-gen-core-family-datasheet-vol-1.pdf), refer to page 126 table 7-2 for operating voltages.

Hope his help.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello leader.desslock

I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further help. If so, please do not hesitate in replying back.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
dmill12
Beginner

Hi

I read that the 'maximum' voltage is 1.52 which i believe is too high. I did not see a minimum voltage.

thanks

leader.desslock

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello leader.desslock

Thank you for the information.

I am wondering, are you a hardware designer

Allow me to share with you that the designer of the motherboards would set the minimum temperature within the safe parameters for the unit. I am wondering if are a hardware designer.

The datasheet document that you review is the information that we have available.

Best Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
dmill12
Beginner

No, i am not a harware designer.

I had noticed that Intel published a minimum and maximum core voltage for my Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650. I assumed that Intel had documentation for my Intel Core i7 8086K.

Thanks

leader.desslock

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello leader.desslock

Thank you for the information.

The documentation available is the datasheet that has been shared already, also as mentioned previously the minimum voltage could verify with what the motherboard manufacturer has set on the design.

Hope this help.

Best Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello leader.desslock

I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further help. If so, please do not hesitate in replying back.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos