3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 3, 2018 5:38 PM by N.Scott.Pearson

Intel Management Engine Interface Driver Issue

aco1992

Hello,

I have fresh installed Windows 10 Home on my HP Pavillion Notebook 15-p288ng. I encountered problem with Intel Management Engine Interface Driver. It shows me yellow triangle in Device Manager. When I try to perform update, it says that latest version is already installed. Current version is 11.0.0.1146. In description stands next text:

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE

Does anybody have older version of this driver (10.xx.xx.xx or 9.xx.xx.xx) or some other solution?

Kind regards,

Aleksandar

• 1. Re: Intel Management Engine Interface Driver Issue
          N.Scott.Pearson

According to the info I have, you should be using 11.x iMEI software. My RY NUC, which also has a Mobile 5th gen Core processor, has firmware 10.0.45.1024 and the version of iMEI being used with it is  11.0.6.1189.

Typically, when this driver cannot start, it is because it cannot establish communications with the ME. The usual cause for this is that the ME is not working properly. Typically, there is a place in BIOS Setup where the ME firmware version string is displayed. Check this; if it is blank or is displayed as 0.0.0.0, then the ME is not operational. This is usually the result of a failed firmware (BIOS) update. In this case, contact your vendor regarding their BIOS Recovery process.

Hope this helps,

...S

• 2. Re: Intel Management Engine Interface Driver Issue
            aco1992

Hi,

I am going to check that. Thanks for advise,

Could you also tell me how to access IMEI in BIOS?

I was not able to find it in classic BIOS setup. There is no anything about IMEI.

• 3. Re: Intel Management Engine Interface Driver Issue
              N.Scott.Pearson

Nor will there be (per se). You may find a place in the BIOS Setup program where it displays the firmware revision of the ME. If this is displaying a valid value (i.e. is not blank and is not 0.0.0.0), then the iMEI is working (i.e. the BIOS was successful using it to extract the firmware revision).

...S