5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 22, 2018 4:28 PM by Intel Corporation

Issue with wireless network adapter

Rydogu

Hello all,

Recently I have been encountering a long line of issues with the Intel Dual Band Wireless AC-8260 wireless network adapter.

This is strange as I have not encountered any problems in the two years I have owned my ASUS X330C.

It all started when I plugged a pair of wired headphones into the laptop. After a few seconds, the Wi-Fi icon on the bottom right of the screen changed to the red x over the monitor icon which shows that I am not connected nor are there connections available.

My first instinct was to go into the Device Manager tab and look under the Network Adapters list, and I could not see the Intel Dual Band Wireless AC-8260 even after clicking on 'Show hidden devices', which led me to believe that somehow, the driver had been deleted.

I clearly have little to no experience with these sorts of problems, and I'm not sure if whatever caused this was some sort of virus, or an issue with the laptop itself.

I would appreciate if anyone could advise me on how to reinstall the correct driver(s) and/or fix the problem to begin with so it never happens again.

Thank you!