Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20455 Discussions

How to setup HDMI to Displayport cable

JHern11
Beginner

Hello and thanks for your support in advance...

I am trying to connect my laptop DELL with a DELL monitor with a direct HDMI / Displayport cable ... but it does not detect this configuration.

I installed the latest driver version for Intel HD grafic 520 and did not solve the problem.

Is any additional configuration necessary?

Thanks

JuanJo

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlHill
Super User

You should use only the driver(s) from Dell.

And, you should consult with Dell regarding connectivity between their laptop and their monitor.

Doc

0 Kudos
JHern11
Beginner

thanks but that was my first choice ...The only solution proposed by DELL support was to install the latest version of Intel drivers.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Sorry, but dell is incorrect. Use the drivers on their website for your laptop. Then, get them to help you connect to their monitor.

There is no support here for you to make up a cable connection, and the use of adapters on cables is not supported.

Dell is responsible for supporting you with the laptop, "cable", and monitor, and they provided the drivers for you. Have them get you working with that in mind.

Doc

0 Kudos
HJidh
Beginner

I have the same problem with UHD 620 on an HP Elitebook. HDMI-HDMI and DVI-HDMI works fine. But Displayport-HDMI doesn't.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello hjidhage,

We apologize for any inconvenience. Please submit a new thread since we handle every case individually and every scenario is different even if the same product is being used. The next agent will be able to further assist you on this matter.

Regards,

David V

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos