Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20454 Discussions

List of error codes for IGXPIN.EXE / IGXPUN.EXE

JGran13
Beginner

Hi there - I'm responsible for packaging and deploying various drivers as individual/standalone applications or packages via MS SCCM for my employer, and more recently have experienced a few problems where either IGXPIN.EXE or IGXPUN.EXE (as part of an Intel driver install) threw up an error in the deployment logs, and subsequently failed to deploy the driver in question. We can often get around using them altogether via DPINST.EXE, but there's an extra level of complexity in crafting an uninstaller if we use DPINST, so where possible I'd prefer to use the provided install utility from Intel (albeit silently).

So basically, I'm posting to ask if there's a list of error codes and their meanings for these two executables?

Most recently we've seen exit codes 65 and 4 from IGXPIN when installing Intel HD Graphics 520 and 620 (using confirmed correct drivers, both from Intel and OEM), but we're having difficulty troubleshooting without a reference to the meanings of those codes.

Any help would be gratefully accepted! Thanks in advance...

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello jongrandin

Thank you for joining the community.

I see that you are looking for error code list for the IGXPIN.EXE and IGXPUN.EXE. Allow me to share with you that in order to provide you with better assistance about developing or programming please refer to our Intel® developer zone (https://software.intel.com/en-us/support https://software.intel.com/en-us/support) to provide you with better assistance on the topic.

Hope his help.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
JGran13
Beginner

Hi Leonardo,

I'm not actually a developer - just a systems administrator, and all I'm trying to do is to deploy standard Intel drivers from Microsoft SCCM using an unattended install command, via the regular MS ADT scripts. I'm not actually doing anything related to development. I checked the link you provided, but it's not relevant to this issue.

Basically, when Intel's IGXPIN.EXE ad IGXPUN.EXE installers are executed from an elevated command prompt with the appropriate silent/unattended switches, they work fine, whereas (in our environment, at least) when SCCM launches them as LOCAL SYSTEM, they throw up an error and fail to install. Unfortunately the exit code doesn't come with any further description, which is why I asked if Intel can provide a list of exit/error codes and their meanings for these two standard Intel installers, in order that I can work out why the installation is failing.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello jongrandin,

Thank you for your response.

In this case, you have been referred there because they are the ones who handle this information that you are looking for. You can always register and then join their support forums, you can then post there and you will be getting the assistance you need.

Regards,

David V

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos