This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation
Hello, wise1993. Thank you very much for sharing your issue with the Intel Communities Team. I will be more than glad to assist you.
By checking the error code that you are getting (cf. Error codes in Device Manager in Windows, error code 10), it seems that the drivers should be reinstalled.
Firstly, please make sure that the Bluetooth is enabled in the BIOS. Then, let us try a clean installation for the drivers. Please follow these steps to achieve so:
1. Download and save the latest Windows® 10 drivers for your adapter:
1. Bluetooth: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28009/Intel-Wireless-Bluetooth-for-Windows-10?product=94854
2. Wi-Fi: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27989/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windows-10?product=94854
2. Under Apps & Features in Windows* Settings, uninstall any instance of the "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software" and "Intel® Wireless Bluetooth®." When prompted, choose to "discard settings."
3. Manually uninstall your drivers:
1. Bluetooth®: Go to the Device Manager > Bluetooth® > Right click on your Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R) and uninstall it. Make sure to mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device."
2. WiFi: Go to the Device Manager > Network Adapters > Right click on your Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 and uninstall it. Make sure to mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device."
4. Clear out your temporary files: Press the Windows* Key + R to open the run box. Type Cleanmgr.exe and press OK. Here you will need to make sure Temporary Files are checked, you may uncheck everything else, then press OK.
5. Reboot your computer.
6. Install the drivers previously downloaded back in step one. Installing the Bluetooth® package first, followed by the wireless driver.
Share with us the results.
I fix the problem by disabling fast startup at power setting and then I uninstalled the intel wireless Bluetooth driver and turn off the computer by shutting down and then turn it back on and win10 auto install the driver. I did the exact same steps but without disable fast startup and it didn't work, but after I disable fast startup and do the steps again it worked. So I think when fast startup is enable it don't completely shut down the computer or something so it didn't work.
Thank you for your support and time