Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14527 Discussions

i9-7900x : Wich ferqency max for ram can be use ?

AGroe
Beginner

Hi all,

I have a question about RAM frequency can be used with i9-7900x

On intel ark site, i see RAM type DDR4-2666 Mhz.

I'm lookin to by a good MB tu run and i think the Asus prime x299 Deluxe is a good choice for it.

But Assus support RAM until 4133 MHz...

Can I really use this freq (without overclocking) the CPU ?

Many thank in advance for your help !

Allan D.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hello adg-bxl,

Thank you for joining this Intel Community.

I understand that you would like have some information about the Memory Specifications for your Intel® Core™ i9-7900X X-series Processor. I would like to assist you.

To ensure system stability and long-term reliability of your processor, the recommended memory is DDR4-2666. Although it is possible that higher memory speeds will work, that is limited to the maximum amount supported by the motherboard. Now, maximizing memory performance is possible but that is technically a form of overclocking. Unless you configure your system properly, you will not achieve higher speeds. Make sure you get as much information as you can about this if you want to get faster memory.

I hope you find this information helpful.

Wanner G

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello adg-bxl,

Thank you for joining this Intel Community.

I understand that you would like have some information about the Memory Specifications for your Intel® Core™ i9-7900X X-series Processor. I would like to assist you.

To ensure system stability and long-term reliability of your processor, the recommended memory is DDR4-2666. Although it is possible that higher memory speeds will work, that is limited to the maximum amount supported by the motherboard. Now, maximizing memory performance is possible but that is technically a form of overclocking. Unless you configure your system properly, you will not achieve higher speeds. Make sure you get as much information as you can about this if you want to get faster memory.

I hope you find this information helpful.

Wanner G
0 Kudos
AGroe
Beginner

Hi Wanner,

Thank you for your answer.

That confirm what i think… so now i'm sure ;-)

Best Regards

0 Kudos