Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1343 Discussions

Just updated my wireless drivers and saw something that I believe is Optane related, please confirm.

BHarr8
Valued Contributor I

I grabbed this screenshot as I have never seen this before while installing Intel drivers. I was trying out the web based automatic system scan software Intel is now offering and this message popped up while installing the drivers.

Is this Optane related? I do have Optane installed and active on this laptop.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello nosirrahx,

Thanks for posting your question in the Intel® Optane™ Memory community.

After checking the information you shared, updating the Wireless software will not affect the performance of the Optane.

Hope this information helps.

Best Regards,

Juan N.
0 Kudos
BHarr8
Valued Contributor I

Please reread my question. I will repost the picture to make it more obvious what I am asking.

See what it says "Caching"? I have never seen this before and I am asking if "Caching" here refers to pinning the files responsible for making PROSet work.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello nosirrahx,

According to my investigation about this software installation this caching sign is part of the process of the installation. The caching is not referring to Optane pinning or using the Optane as cache for the process.

Only the files selected by you can be pinned into the Optane, this installation software cannot pin files into the Optane.

Hope this helps to clarify your question.

Best Regards,

Juan N.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello nosirrahx,

I would like to know if you ave any additional question or feedback to provide about this issue.

Best Regards,

Juan N.
0 Kudos