1 of 1 people found this helpful
Sorry I forgot to put it in the format I was supposed to.
Answers (N/A if not applicable)
Provide a detailed description of the issue
The some of the textures in Skyrim Special Edition are gray like for example peoples' hair.
Please place an X to the right of the option showing how often you see this issue using specific steps. (Ex: 'Every few times a game is started it flickers.' <- This would be "Often")
Very Sporadic (<20%):
Brand and Model of the system.
Toshiba Satellite C55-B5277 (8 gb of ram and Celeron n2840)
Hybrid or switchable graphics system?
ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?
Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below).
LFP = Local Flat Panel (Laptop panel)
EFP = External Flat Panel (Monitor you plug in)
How much memory [RAM] in the system (see note2 below).
8Gb DDR3 1600Mhz (only running at 1333Mhz because there is no xmp option in the locked bios)
Provide any other hardware needed to replicate the issue.
ie: Cables&brand, cable type [vga, hdmi, DP, etc], dock, dongles/adapters, etc
Hardware Stepping (see note1 below).
Operating System version (see note2 below).
Windows 10 Home (10.0.17134)
VBIOS (video BIOS) version. This can be found in “information page” of CUI (right click on Desktop and select “Graphics Properties”.
7.2.1011? (Is it GOP?)
Graphics Driver version; for both integrated Intel and 3rd party vendors (see note2 below).
10.18.10.4242 toshiba customized (I also tried the generic driver version 10.18.10.4885)
SW or Apps version used to replicate the issue.
Steam and Skyrim Special Edition
Single display, clone, or extended (see note2 below).
Display resolution & refresh rate setting of each display (see note2 below).
1366 x 768 60hz
AC or DC mode, i.e. is power cable plugged in or not?
How to repro
Please provide steps to replicate the issue. These steps are very crucial to finding the root cause and fix.
A screenshot to illustrate the issue is a huge plus. A video of the failure is even better! Attach to the post or provide the YouTube link.
1. Launch Skyrim Special Edition
2. Start a new game
3. look at the hair of the npc's
Thank you for joining the Intel® community.
Have you tried a clean installation of the Intel® graphics driver? See the steps below.
Please provide me with a video of the error that you are having.
Clean installation steps:
First, you will have to download theIntel® HD Graphics for Intel Atom® Processor Z3700 Series driver version on the following https://downloadmirror.intel.com/27417/a08/win64_184.108.40.20685.zip, once the driver is downloaded please make sure that the unit is not connected to the internet during the uninstall/install driver to avoid any automatic update, and follow these steps to uninstall the graphics drivers:
- On the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R, then type in devmgmt.msc
- Expand the Display Adapters section.
- Find the Intel® Graphics Driver. The driver can also be called the Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver (Intel® GMA Driver).
- Right-click the Intel Graphics Driver and select Uninstall.
- Select the checkbox Delete the driver software for this device.
- Reboot the computer after the uninstall process has finished.
Repeat this steps until you get to the Microsoft basic display adapter.
Once the reboot is completed, please follow these steps in order to update the graphics driver:
- Use the .zip file downloaded previously.
- Unzip the file to a designated location or folder.
- Right-click on the Windows Start icon and open Device Manager.
- Click “Yes” when prompted for permission from User Account Control.
- Expand the Display adapters section.
- Right-click the Intel® graphics entry and select Update Driver Software.
- Click “Browse my computer for driver software”.
- Click “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.
- Click “Have Disk”.
- Click “Browse”.
- Access the designated location or folder, and access a folder called “Graphics”.
- Select the file called “igdlh64” or “igdlh”.
- Click Open, then click OK, and finally click “Next”. Drivers are now being installed.
- Reboot your computer.
- And let me know if you have any issues during the installation.
Hope this helps.
Thank you for the information.
My apologies, if possible try a clean installation of the Intel® HD Graphics for Intel Atom® Processor Z3700 Series (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27417/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-33-?product=85552) following the steps provided previously.
Direct download link for the zip file:
Hope this help.
Thank you for the information.
I am investigating the case, please share with us a sample (video) of the behavior that is present on your system?
Thank you for the information and for sharing/reporting these Textures glitching with Skyrim on Baytrail (15.33). allow me to share with you that since this is very old platform it is extremely unlikely that we'll take this bug, please bear in mind that we cannot promise any particular outcome, you could also consider the new 7th Generation platforms for the optimum performance with the latest games.