3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 16, 2018 2:47 AM by Intel Corporation

Telemetry Logging Rate

yoshiioko

Hello Support Team,

I am using pymavlink on the Aero platform to pull telemetry data. Currently, my main interest are the GPS_RAW_INT and ATTITUDE messages. So I am trying to use the MAV_CMD_SET_MESSAGE_INTERVAL to customize the rate to be 100ms. Here's a sample of how I use it:

# set the gps rate

mav_socket.mav.command_long_send(mav_socket.target_system, # target_system

mav_socket.target_component, # target_component

mavutil.mavlink.MAV_CMD_SET_MESSAGE_INTERVAL, # command

0, # confirmation

24, 10000, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0) # param 1-7

# get the gps data

mav_socket.recv_match(type='GPS_RAW_INT', blocking=True)

I've timed the ATTITUDE message and I've noticed that it has a very high rate. It is generally under 1ms to fetch a reading for this! But when I try to set the GPS_RAW_INT to 100ms, the best I can get is about 200ms. I did experiment with other values like 900ms, 500ms, etc. and I was able to see that I could indeed configure the message interval. So now I am wondering if you guys know of a different way to configure this. Would this require a modification within the mavlink-router or FW on the flight controller? Or is the GPS_RAW_INT only able to to go as fast as 200ms?

Thanks,

Adrian C.