4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 17, 2018 11:09 AM by Intel Corporation

Uhd620

JohnRY

Using i5 8250U with integrated UHD620 GPU : solidwork is slow because it is not using the GPU.. 0 %

Using i7 4700MQ with integrated HD4600 GPU : solidwork is fast  because it is using the GPU..70%

Using i7 6500U with integrated HD520 GPU : solidwork is fast because it is using the GPU..70 %

Why is UHD620 not recognized as a GPU.

• 1. Re: Uhd620
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello JohnRY

Thank you for joining the community.

I see that you are having concerns about the Intel® graphics, allow me to help you with the inquiries. 

Could you let us know the brand and model of the system that you have tested?

I would like to gather more information about the configuration you have on your computers.  Please attach to this thread the TXT file the Intel® System Support Utility will generate for each system: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility
          Steps to save the report:

1. Run the utility.
          2. Click on “Scan” to get the scanned system.
          3. Once the scan is complete click on “next”.
          4. Use the “save” option, save the report to your desktop.
          5. To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom right-hand corner of the response box.

What is the version of SolidWorks that is installed on your systems?

Could you share with us a screenshot of the GPU usage that you are seeing reported on the system?   

Hope this help.

Regards,
          Leonardo C.
          • 2. Re: Uhd620
            Intel Corporation

Hello JohnRY

I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further help.  If so, please do not hesitate in replying back.

Regards,
            Leonardo C.

• 3. Re: Uhd620
              JohnRY

I was able to work around by updating he registry.

There is section for intel under the performance folder. This is what i did:

Replace this:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SolidWorks\SOLIDWORKS 2017\Performance\Graphics\Hardware\Intel\Intel(R) HD Graphics 6

with

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SolidWorks\SOLIDWORKS 2017\Performance\Graphics\Hardware\Intel\Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620

There are 2 keys under this folder:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SolidWorks\SOLIDWORKS 2017\Performance\Graphics\Hardware\Intel\Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620\V001_FG_X614105256_V815102256

Name: workarounds with value of 0x04 00 04 80

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SolidWorks\SOLIDWORKS 2017\Performance\Graphics\Hardware\Intel\Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620\V002_FG_V815102345

Name: workarounds with value of 0x04 00 00 80

I have no idea what the values meant in the key but solid works started to use the GPU and it's very fast.

The only thing I could not get is the result of the performance test. The pop up after the test does not show up.

But using solid works is now a lot faster when simulating a graphical model of an object.

Thank you.

• 4. Re: Uhd620
                Intel Corporation

Hello JohnRY

Thank you for your response.

I am glad to know that you have been able to solve the issue.

Best Regards,
                Leonardo C.