NUC Model: NUC8i7HVK
Issue Occurrence: Always
CPU: Intel i7-8809G
RAM: 16GB DDR4
OS: Windows 10 Pro (10.0.16299.492)
Ethernet: Intel Ethernet Connection I219-LM & Intel Ethernet Connection I210-AT
Chipset: Intel 100 Series/C230 Series Chipset Family
Problems: I feel like the following issues are somehow related, but don't know enough to say for sure.
(1) There is no working Ethernet showing anywhere on my PC. (Task Manager, Device Manager, or in Control Panel's Network Devices)
(2) Physical Ethernet ports don't function despite being enabled in UEFI. Center LED on front panel also indicates ethernet is active.
(3) Task Manager displaying incorrect RAM speed (2400 vs 2800). BIOS & IXTU both correctly show 2800.
(4) Task Manager shows 2 of 4 RAM slots used, but to my understanding, there are only 2 slots total.
Things that may be noteworthy:
- I recently upgraded from a NUC6i7KYK to this NUC8i7HVK. I migrated all storage drives and RAM from one NUC to the other. Maybe that's causing a communication issue?
- After my first couple of boots, I disabled both ethernet ports in BIOS under the assumption I wouldn't be needing them. Not sure if the adapters were recognized in Windows OS before that since I hadn't checked.
- One day I Hibernated/Shut Down (can't recall which) the NUC, and went to bed. When I woke up the next morning, BitLocker had locked my PC. Had to
enter the Recovery Key because "changes may have been made to the hardware". I'd made no changes whatsoever. I entered Recovery Key, and didn't think twice about it
until the ethernet issues were later noticed.
- When I scan the NUC with Driver & Support Assistant, there is no indicator that BIOS is up to date (which it is). As I recall, the scan would display whether
or not the 6i7KYK's BIOS version was current.
Failed Attempts to Fix:
- Reset CMOS by disconnecting battery.
- Tried installing the Ethernet drivers (version 23.2). I received error message "Cannot install drivers. No Intel adapters are present in this computer."
- In Device Manager I selected the "show hidden devices" view and both adapters (I219-LM and I210-AT) became visible, but were unusable.
Tried to manual update them; received the same error.
- Uninstalled both adapters to do a fresh reinstall. Rebooted, and they've never returned since. Now, they are no longer even visible with "show hidden devices".
Tried to manually add adapters back into Device Manager, could only find the I219-LM in the list of available legacy adapters. Still unusable.