Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20454 Discussions

Drivers 24.20.100.xx causes monitor not stay in standby (backlight blinks on/off)

JGali5
New Contributor I

Hello,

I have the following problem:

When it is supposed to enter stand-by the image is turned off but the backlight is turned on / off every 5 seconds. That way it stays indefinitely, so I cannot use the new drivers.

It only happens with the new drivers branch 24.20.100.xx (tested 24.20.100.6025, 24.20.100.6094, 24.20.100.6136 and 24.20.100.6194 drivers)

My system is an ASUS HERO IX motherboard (Z270) and an Asus PA249 monitor connected by DisplayPort. Windows 10 1803.

Related posts:

0 Kudos
9 Replies
AlHill
Super User

What is your processor model number?

Run this utility and attach the results. Then, one of the intel support agents can assist you.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Download Intel® System Support Utility for Windows*

Doc

0 Kudos
JGali5
New Contributor I

Processor is a 7700K

Report attached:

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello jogal

Thank you for joining the Intel® community.

Provide me with the following information:

What is your full hardware configuration? (PC, monitor video connection)

Please share with us the information requested on the following link /thread/77761 https://communities.intel.com/thread/77761.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello jogal

I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further help. If so, please do not hesitate in replying back.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
JGali5
New Contributor I

Hello Leonardo,

Currently I use an old driver (23.20.16.4982) that does not have this problem.

However, if I update to more recent ones (24.20.100.xxxx) the problem persists.

Below I attach the information:

Category

Questions

Answers (N/A if not applicable)

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue

Drivers 24.20.100.xxxx causes monitor not stay in standby (backlight blinks on/off) when video signal is off due inactivity.

Please place an X to the right of the option showing how often you see this issue using specific steps. (Ex: 'Every few times a game is started it flickers.' <- This would be "Often")<p> 

Always (100%): X

Often (51-99%):

Sporadic (20-50%):

Very Sporadic (<20%):

Hardware (HW)

Brand and Model of the system.

ASUS

ROG MAXIMUS IX HERO

BIOS: 1301

Hybrid or switchable graphics system?

ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?

Intel Integrated only (i7-7700K)

Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below). 

LFP = Local Flat Panel...
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello jogal

Thank you for the information you have shared about the case, I have sent you a private message for information about the case.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello jogal

Thank you for the information.

Allow me to share with you that we have the behavior reported under investigation, I will be updating the thread when news becomes available.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
JGali5
New Contributor I

Some updates:

Today updated Windows to October Update (1809) and tested new display driver 25.20.100.6323 => the issue persists.

Go back to driver 15.65.5.4982 (23.20), this restores the correct behavior.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello jogal

Thank you for the update on the case I am noticing that we have done some testing on the situation and we have not been able to reproduce the issue. Please refer to the original thread /thread/127483 https://communities.intel.com/thread/127483; in this case, I recommend reporting this behavior with the ASUS*.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos