Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Re: Problem with the AC-7260 constantly disconnecting AC speed not availble

KFang4
Beginner

I have an MSI laptop with this card for three years. I have been suffering with this issue. The guy who claims to have half a dozen of these without any problem could just be lucky or hired by Intel to claim these cards are good. There are definitely people like him out there. This card sure has been an issue, and there are just so many threads of people suffering with this issue out there if he minds of googling them. It is definitely not an "opinion". I have send my laptop back to MSI for more than five times. The issue still persist. It is clear that this is not due to a malfunctioning card but a poor designed product line. I called Intel customer support for directions. Never was it fixed.

I tend to believe is a Bluetooth issue. I have experience using this card with my Bluetooth mouse, and it experience an significant lag no matter which mouse company I use. There was a time I somehow accidentally removed the three Intel Bluetooth services by using sc delete command since I was having issue to uninstall Intel's Bluetooth driver as it kept appears to not find the uninstall .msi package. Until I was able to reinstall it, I did not experienced any wireless dropout.

Also, they have not been updating the driver for a long time. Although there seem to be new software starting with version 20, the installed drivers have been 18 for a long time.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
ChrisC_Intel

Hi 元始 天尊

We have branched off your comment on your issue with the AC-7260 since every issue could be different due to many factors such as OS version, drivers versions and other features; following up on your issue can you please indicate what OS version you have and current wireless adapter version? We recommend to install the manufacturer latest drivers as a first option and as a second option install our generic drivers as follows:

- Perform a https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html Clean Installation of Wireless Drivers. Try using the driver from your https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/OEMs.html Computer Manufacturer as first option, if the issues persist after that, please try our generic version of https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27849/Wireless-Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windows-10%3Fv%3Dt Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows® 10, 20.60.0.

- Apply the https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000024678/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html Recommended Settings for 802.11ac Connectivity.

All the best,

-Chris

0 Kudos
KFang4
Beginner

I have tried all your suggestion several times. The issue persist. It disconnect from the internet randomly, showing "limited access." All other wireless connection is no longer available. I have to disconnect from the limited access wireless connection and disable the adapter then enable it.

0 Kudos
ChrisC_Intel

Hi 元始天尊,

In order to have a better picture of your issue, can you refer to the following questions?

- How long have you having this issue?

- Have you installed any software recently?

- Have you performed any changes in hardware recently?

- Does this issue happens in other devices such as smartphones, tablets or other PCs in the same network?

- Have you updated your OS and BIOS?

- Can you provide an screen shot of your device manager (Windows key + X then Device Manager then expand the Network Adapters)

In addition please download the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- Intel® System Support Utility for Windows* and use it to Create a log; Scan your system with "Everything" selected, click "Next", then "Save" the output to a file. After that you can attach the file to your thread using the Advanced editor options.

All the best,

-Chris

0 Kudos
KFang4
Beginner

More than three years

No

No

No

No

0 Kudos
ChrisC_Intel

Hi 元始 天尊,

Can you try to re-install your Windows 7 or upgrade to a newer version? This could be related to OS / BIOS upgrade pending.

Make sure you back up all your information. Once the re-install is done please try installing the newest drivers available from your OEM or proceed to install our drivers.

Let me know if that worked for you.

-Chris

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

First of all, no, I don't work for intel (well, I did, but I am retired now) nor am I compensated for any claims that I make (much to my chagrin).

I have seen BT mouse lag -- with both Intel and non-Intel wireless solutions -- and thus consider it to be a more-universal issue. In fact, I consider this issue to be bad enough that I only put up with it on my Windows tablet (where I have no viable alternative).

I guess, by your classification, I *have* been lucky; I have *never* seen any internet disconnections as you have described -- and I have worked with quite a few Intel NUC products equipped with this adapter -- but, as I said, I do not use BT (other than with my Windows tablet), so maybe there is something to your theory that using BT contributes to this issue.

...S

0 Kudos
MDuru
Beginner

I have struggled with this problem for many months, and I have gone through many cycles of updating and rolling back the drivers and doing all of the things Intel representatives on these fora recommend. Oddly, what seems to have worked....and I'm holding my breath for a few days...is to go into the properties of the adapter/configure/advanced and change the default setting from VHT mode to HT mode. While we have a very fine wireless router, it appears that the VHT setting is causing communications issues that requires the driver to disable the adapter.

- Krumhorn

0 Kudos