Hello, Smashman4. I will do my best to assist you further.
In order for me to assist you better, please provide me with a DxDiag* report. Please follow these steps to generate it:
1. In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R.
2. In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter.
3. Click on Save All Information (save it in your desktop).
4. Attach the .txt file that was generated. To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom right-hand corner of the response box.
Additionally, please let me know the model of your display and the resolution you have set on it. Furthermore, which type of cable are you using to connect your system to the display?
Here is the dxdiag. I'm running it on a GPD win 2, which has a built in screen which uses a generic PnP monitor. And the resolution of the desktop is 1280x720, but the game resolution is 960x544.
Hello, Smashman4. Thank you for your prompt reply.
By checking the report attached, I can see that your graphics drivers are outdated. Let us try the following:
- Download the 6194 graphics drivers through the following link: https://downloadmirror.intel.com/27892/a08/win64_188.8.131.5294.zip
- In order to install the drivers, follow the steps provided in this guide: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005629/graphics-drivers.html
Please let us know how it goes.
Answers (N/A if not applicable)
Provide a detailed description of the issue
Please place an X to the right of the option showing how often you see this issue using specific steps. (Ex: 'Every few times a game is started it flickers.' <- This would be "Often")
Very Sporadic (<20%):
Brand and Model of the system.
GPD Win 2
Hybrid or switchable graphics system?
ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?
Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below).
LFP = Local Flat Panel (Laptop panel)
EFP = External Flat Panel (Monitor you plug in)
How much memory [RAM] in the system (see note2 below).
Provide any other hardware needed to replicate the issue.
ie: Cables&brand, cable type [vga, hdmi, DP, etc], dock, dongles/adapters, etc
core m3 7y30
Hardware Stepping (see note1 below).
Operating System version (see note2 below).
VBIOS (video BIOS) version. This can be found in “information page” of CUI (right click on Desktop and select “Graphics Properties”.
Intel Video BIOS
Graphics Driver version; for both integrated Intel and 3rd party vendors (see note2 below).
Intel HD Graphics 615 184.108.40.20694
SW or Apps version used to replicate the issue.
Single display, clone, or extended (see note2 below).
Display resolution & refresh rate setting of each display (see note2 below).
960x544 for game 1280x720 for screen. both 60hz
AC or DC mode, i.e. is power cable plugged in or not?
How to repro
Please provide steps to replicate the issue. These steps are very crucial to finding the root cause and fix.
A screenshot to illustrate the issue is a huge plus. A video of the failure is even better! Attach to the post or provide the YouTube link.
- load game
- enter map in crash 1
Untitled.png 89.6 K
- load game
Hello, Smashman4. Thank you for your patience.
We have finished our tests and the issue you are having was not presented. You can see the results in the following video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TJgsyLzTCA
There are newer drivers for your system (6286), please try installing them and share with us the results:
- Here is the download link for the Intel® HD Graphics drivers: https://downloadmirror.intel.com/27988/a08/win64_220.127.116.1186.zip
- In order to complete the installation please follow this guide: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005629/graphics-drivers.html