Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14403 Discussions

Intel XTU won't update

CBari
Beginner

When running Intel XTU, I see blue bar indicating that an update is available. When I press "Click here to install", the download happens, XTU closes, the install window appears for a fraction of a second and disappears. I've tried reinstalling from the web (and clearing all the Intel XTU folder) but it seems like it installs an older version which still needs to be updated. I also tried to disable my anti-virus (Bitdefender). I tried to find where the updater is downloaded but couldn't identify the location (doesn't seem to be under programs files, appdata, or ProgramData. The logs under ProgramData don't show any kind of error.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello cedbariteau,

Thank you for joining this Intel Community.

I understand that you are having issues updating Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU). I would like to assist you.

First, I would like to get basic system information and the processor you are using. Please scan your computer using the Intel® System Support Utility and attach the report.

1.Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application to your system.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

2.Open the application and click Scan to see system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View.

3.To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer.

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
CBari
Beginner

Hi Wanner,

Please find the report attached.

Thank you,

Cedric

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello cedbariteau,

Thank you for your response.

First, you can check if your Intel® XTU is up to date.

The latest version available at our Download Center is 6.4.1.23. You can follow this path:

Intel® XTU > System Information > XTU > Version.

Additionally, you can Disable automatic update notifications.

Intel® XTU > Settings > Disable automatic update notifications.

If you installed the Intel® XTU from your system manufacturer's website, check if you have the latest version released.

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello cedbariteau,

Were you able to follow the steps provided?

If you still need any assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
CBari
Beginner

Hi,

Yes. It seems like the correct version is installed but the prompt to update still persists. Also, I am still unable to upload any results.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello cedbariteau,

Thank you for your response.

In this case, our recommendation is that you can perform a clean install of the Intel® XTU:

1. Remove the application from Apps and Features in Windows.

2. Restart your computer.

3. Install Intel® XTU.

You may also disable any update notifications if your application is up to date.

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello cedbariteau,

Were you able to resolve this issue by following the steps provided?

Wanner G.

0 Kudos