Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20454 Discussions

Can't Update Intel DSA

idata
Employee

Hello all,

I'll bet this is a common problem. I'm trying to ensure my computer's graphics doo-dads, which are managed by an Intel Graphics Controller, are up to date. I wanted to do that using the Intel Driver & Support Assistant. I had previously downloaded the Intel DSA in 2017, but the program never ran correctly. So far, all my attempts to update it, uninstall it, or beg for its cooperation have been fruitless.

My latest try at fixing this software problem was to download the most recent version of the DSA, version 3.4.1. When I ran the install wizard, it gave me an error message saying... well here's an image showing the problem:

I gather it's telling me that I need to locate this "IntelProduct...Installer.msi" file. I have tried to do that with no success. So now I'm at a loss as to what to do. Help!

My computer is Dell XPS 13 9350 running Windows 10 64-bit.

Thanks,

-SharkMeal

0 Kudos
17 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello SharkMeal,

Thank you for joining this Intel Community.

I understand that you are not able to install/update the latest Intel® Driver & Support Assistant version. I would like to assist you.

My first recommendation is that you can install the latest graphics driver manually.

Regarding the Intel® DSA error message, please follow these steps below:

Try updating to the newest version by uninstalling Intel® DSA via the Control Panel->Programs->Uninstall a Program process:

-Click Start.

-Open Control Panel.

-Select Programs.

-Select Programs and Features.

-From the list that displays, click Intel® Driver & Support Assistant.

-Click Uninstall.

-A new window opens that offers to uninstall the program.

-Then, choose Intel® Computing Improvement Program and uninstall it.

2.Then try reinstalling directly from Download Center https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24345

If this issue still persists, please provide the following information:

-Browser(s):

-Log files: C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA.

-Exact error message:

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Wanner G.

Thanks for getting back to me. I cannot uninstall the program using the method you gave as the Intel DSA is not listed in "Programs & Features" in Control Panel. In fact, now that I think about it, I think I actually already uninstalled the program using Control Panel ages ago. But now when I try to install the latest version of the DSA directly from the Download Center, per the link you provided, I end up getting that same prompt to "enter an alternate path" to the missing file.

When I cancel out of that "alternate path" dialogue box (the one pictured in my original post), I receive the following error message:

"The older version of . . cannot be removed. Contact your technical support group." Well that's what sent me here!

The browser I use is Google Chrome, if that's what you're asking for. As for the Log Files, I have attached what I think is it to this reply. The file "debugFile.log" was the only one of its kind in the folder destination you gave, anyway.

Thank you for your help!

Best,

SharkMeal

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello SharkMeal,

Thank you for your response.

I will forward this issue to the proper department in order to get more information about this error message.

Please run the Intel® System Support Utility to gather basic system information and attach the report.

1.Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application to your system.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

2.Open the application and click Scan to see system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View.

3.To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer.

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Wanner G.,

Thanks for your continued help. I've downloaded and run the Intel System Support Utility and saved the output file. I've attached it to this reply.

Best,

SharkMeal

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello SharkMeal,

I appreciate your patience.

I sent you a web link via private message to continue troubleshooting the Intel® DSA issues reported.

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello SharkMeal,

Were you able to check the information I sent to you?

We will be glad to help you if you still need any assistance.

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Wanner G.,

Thank you for your response. I did receive the link you sent me, and I followed it. I downloaded the associated software and ran it successfully. However, when I tried again to run the update of Intel Driver & Support Assistant, downloaded from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24345 here, I met just about the same error message, pictured below.

If I pressed "ok," I saw this error dialogue box:

Best,

SharkMeal

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello SharkMeal,

Thank you for your reply.

Please provide the following information to continue troubleshooting this issue:

-What is the version of Google Chrome, or any other browser, installed on your computer?

-Do you have any browser plug-ins (ad blocking or script blocking)?

-Do you have any security or anti-virus software installed? Which one?

-Are you on a company network?

-Do you have any proxy settings set on your computer?

-Please provide the DSAUninstaller.log file

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Wanner G.,

Here is the information you requested:

Browser Version: Google Chrome version 69.0.3497.81 (Official Build) (64-bit) -Chrome auto-updated when I checked the version

Browser Plugins: Yes, including AdBlock

Security Software: Avast Antivirus

Company Network: No

Proxy Settings: No

DSAUninstaller log file: attached to this reply

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello SharkMeal,

In order to continue troubleshooting this issue, I sent you additional information via private message since it may contain specific information for your system.

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello SharkMeal,

Were you able to follow the steps recommended?

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Wanner G.,

I never received a private message. Where was it sent to? Is there a private message inbox on this website or did it go to my private email?

Sorry for the confusion.

-SharkMeal

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello SharkMeal,

Yes, there is a private inbox that you can check on this Community. Make sure you are logged in to receive any notifications.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello SharkMeal,

Thank you for the information provided. We will pass this on to our developer's team.

Since this process may take some time, I wanted to let you know that Dell has it's own version of a software and driver tool called "Support Assist". You may want to try their tool since the drivers from Dell will be validated for your system (Dell XPS 13 9350) - see links below.

Please let us know either way.

SupportAssist for PCs at Home

https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/supportassist-pcs-tablets-at-home/ab/supportassist-pcs-tablets-at-home

Support for XPS 13 9350 Drivers & downloads

https://www.dell.com/support/home/yu/en/yubsdt1/product-support/servicetag/3jsylc2/drivers
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestion. However, I already run Dell's Support Assist regularly to keep my drivers up to date. I ran it today and the software yielded no suggestions or updates.

Thanks,

SharkMeal

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello SharkMeal,

Since you are using a Dell XPS 13 9350 system, our recommendation is that you uninstall the Intel® DSA and refer to your system manufacturer for validated drivers, support and warranty options.

If you would like to help Intel improve our tool, then you can try these steps below.

a. Run the IDSA Uninstaller:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28094/Intel-Driver-Support-Assistant-Uninstaller Intel® Driver & Support Assistant Uninstaller

b. Restart and run the latest IDSA tool version:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24345 Intel® Driver & Support Assistant

If the issue is not resolved, you can help us by providing the following information:

1. Latest https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Intel® System Support Utility report.

2. The issue/error (screenshots).

3.The latest DSAUninstaller.log file: using File Explorer, search for DSAUninstaller.log

4. The latest DSA Log files: using File Explorer, go to folder = C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA, and zip the Log files or entire folder (whichever is easier).

NOTE: You may need to uncheck Hide System files to see the AppData folder.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14201/windows-show-hidden-files Show hidden files

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
CM0001
Beginner

Hi, I am also facing the same issue. Please help.

0 Kudos