4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 31, 2018 1:52 PM by SharkMeal

Can't Update Intel DSA

SharkMeal

Hello all,

I'll bet this is a common problem.  I'm trying to ensure my computer's graphics doo-dads, which are managed by an Intel Graphics Controller, are up to date.  I wanted to do that using the Intel Driver & Support Assistant.  I had previously downloaded the Intel DSA in 2017, but the program never ran correctly.  So far, all my attempts to update it, uninstall it, or beg for its cooperation have been fruitless.

My latest try at fixing this software problem was to download the most recent version of the DSA, version 3.4.1.  When I ran the install wizard, it gave me an error message saying... well here's an image showing the problem:

Intel DSA Install Error Message.jpg

I gather it's telling me that I need to locate this "IntelProduct...Installer.msi" file.  I have tried to do that with no success.  So now I'm at a loss as to what to do.  Help!

My computer is Dell XPS 13 9350 running Windows 10 64-bit.

Thanks,

-SharkMeal

• 1. Re: Can't Update Intel DSA
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello SharkMeal

Thank you for joining this Intel Community.

I understand that you are not able to install/update the latest Intel® Driver & Support Assistant version. I would like to assist you. 

My first recommendation is that you can install the latest graphics driver manually. 

Regarding the Intel® DSA error message, please follow these steps below:

Try updating to the newest version by uninstalling Intel® DSA via the Control Panel->Programs->Uninstall a Program process:

-Click Start.
          -Open Control Panel.
          -Select Programs.
          -Select Programs and Features.
          -From the list that displays, click Intel® Driver & Support Assistant.
          -Click Uninstall.
          -A new window opens that offers to uninstall the program.
          -Then, choose Intel® Computing Improvement Program and uninstall it.

2.Then try reinstalling directly from Download Center https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24345

If this issue still persists, please provide the following information:

-Browser(s):
          -Log files: C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA.
          -Exact error message:

Wanner G. 

• 2. Re: Can't Update Intel DSA
            SharkMeal

Hello Wanner G.

Thanks for getting back to me.  I cannot uninstall the program using the method you gave as the Intel DSA is not listed in "Programs & Features" in Control Panel.  In fact, now that I think about it, I think I actually already uninstalled the program using Control Panel ages ago.  But now when I try to install the latest version of the DSA directly from the Download Center, per the link you provided, I end up getting that same prompt to "enter an alternate path" to the missing file.

When I cancel out of that "alternate path" dialogue box (the one pictured in my original post), I receive the following error message:

Intel DSA Install Error Message 2.jpg

"The older version of . . cannot be removed.  Contact your technical support group."  Well that's what sent me here!

The browser I use is Google Chrome, if that's what you're asking for.  As for the Log Files, I have attached what I think is it to this reply.  The file "debugFile.log" was the only one of its kind in the folder destination you gave, anyway.

Thank you for your help!

Best,

SharkMeal

• 3. Re: Can't Update Intel DSA
              Intel Corporation
              This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello SharkMeal,

Thank you for your response. 

I will forward this issue to the proper department in order to get more information about this error message. 

Please run the Intel® System Support Utility to gather basic system information and attach the report. 

1.Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application to your system.
              https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600
              2.Open the application and click Scan to see system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View.
              3.To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer.

Wanner G. 

• 4. Re: Can't Update Intel DSA
                SharkMeal

Hi Wanner G.,

Thanks for your continued help.  I've downloaded and run the Intel System Support Utility and saved the output file.  I've attached it to this reply.

Best,

SharkMeal