7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 13, 2018 9:18 AM by MartyG

Multicam Pointclouds in Unity

mcdopsa

Hi all,

I've been working with the D415 trying to stream multiple cameras into a single unity scene on one computer. The goal is to have multiple RGB Point clouds in a scene which can be independently transformed. Currently I am working with 2, but plan to work with up to 6.

It seems like I should be able to create a pipeline, list or array of devices based on their Serial NO, and stream independently to separate mesh-based point clouds - but I am not sure how I'd go about doing this.

I am rather new to C#, and am more of a designer than a programmer. If anyone has some suggestions or advice on what to try next, I would appreciate it!

What I know:

-Multicam Example app works great, and streams from all cameras. Both plugged into separate USB Controllers.

-Point clouds can be generated by each camera (one at a time) when using the default prefabs / scene. Hardware is undamaged.

-Both cameras are recognized by Windows and are updated to FW 5.9.14.

What I've tried:

-Installing the new Pre-Released 2.14.1 SDK, but the final step to Build the UnityPackage fails each time.

-Using modified C# scripts that declare a new 'realsensedeviceoriginal' class which is NON-STATIC. This has allowed me to stream depth from multiple cameras in Unity, but still no luck with point clouds. I didn't write this code myself, but tried modifiying PointCloudGenerator.cs to work in a similar way with no success.

I'm running W10 64, with a TR 1920x 12-core, 16GB Ram and a 1080TI, which should be plenty powerful for a pair of cameras at low resolutions. I also have SR300 drivers installed from using the Looking Glass 'HoloPlayer One' device, I'm unsure if this would introduce any errors or conflict.

Thanks so much in advance!

Mike