3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 3, 2018 5:51 PM by Intel Corporation

Power Failure Issues

nick12391

Nuc fails to boot following power failure. BIOS has been updated and set to power on after failure. However during a test, when power was switched on, off, then on again within 2 seconds, the Nuc failed to reboot and required clearing the cmos to get it to turn on again. Any suggestions on why this could be happening or possible prevention methods?

• 1. Re: Power Failure Issues
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation
          Hello nick12391

Thank you for joining this Intel Community.

I understand that your unit will not automatically power-on after AC power failure. I would like to assist you. 

First, I would like to know if this issue started happening after modifying any BIOS setting or after updating your unit. This information can help us a lot. 

Also, are you using the power adapter that came with your unit?

Additionally, please scan your Intel® NUC using the Intel® System Support Utility and attach the report to get basic system configuration.

1.Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application to your system.
          https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600
          2.Open the application and click Scan to see system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View.
          3.To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer.

Wanner G.
          • 2. Re: Power Failure Issues
            scottku

Which NUC do you have? There was a recent BIOS release for NUC8i7H*K which mentioned that it fixed an issue when the power on after failure setting is used.

Download BIOS Update [HNKBLi70.86A]

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Power Failure Issues
              Intel Corporation
              This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello nick12391, 

If your unit still has issues booting after a power failure, we will be glad to assist you. 

Wanner G.