Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Intel Graphics Driver Unable To Install Driver

VRuss
Novice

I am trying to install the Intel graphics driver for my system. Windows 10 64bit. The SGX component will only run with the latest Intel graphics driver. I have a 300 series CPU and a 300 series ASRock Mainboard Z370 Pro4 Motherboard with latest BIOS. I am able to download the graphics driver but can not install it. I keep getting an error message "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software" even though I meet the requirements for the Driver install. Thanks in advance.

# SSU Scan Information

Scan Info:

Version:"2.5.0.12"

Date:"07/25/2018"

Time:"00:00:32.0934803"

# Scanned Hardware

Computer:

BaseBoard Manufacturer:"ASRock"

BIOS Mode:"Legacy"

BIOS Version/Date:"American Megatrends Inc. P3.10 , 07/04/2018 12:00 AM"

CD or DVD:"HL-DT-ST BD-RE WH16NS60"

Embedded Controller Version:"255.255"

Platform Role:"Desktop"

Processor:"Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-8350K CPU @ 4.00GHz , GenuineIntel"

Secure Boot State:"Not Available"

SMBIOS Version:"2.8"

Sound Card:"Realtek High Definition Audio"

Sound Card:"NVIDIA High Definition Audio"

System Manufacturer:"To Be Filled By O.E.M."

System Model:"To Be Filled By O.E.M."

System SKU:"To Be Filled By O.E.M."

System Type:"x64-based PC"

- "Display"

Intel ® Graphics Driver Version:"Not Available"

- "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti"

Adapter Compatibility:"NVIDIA"

Adapter DAC Type:"Integrated RAMDAC"

Adapter RAM:"4.00 GB"

Availability:"Running or Full Power"

Bits Per Pixel:"32"

Caption:"NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti"

CoInstallers:"oem19.inf,Section102,Integrated RAMDAC,GeForce GTX 1050 Ti"

Color Table Entries:"4294967296"

Dedicated Video Memory:"Not Available"

Driver:"nvlddmkm.sys"

Driver Date:"06/23/2018 05:00 PM"

Driver Path:"C:\WINDOWS\system32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_485c1c3102021986\nvlddmkm.sys"

Driver Provider:"NVIDIA"

Driver Version:"24.21.13.9836"

INF:"oem19.inf"

INF Section:"Section102"

Install Date:"Not Available"

Installed Drivers:"C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_485c1c3102021986\nvldumdx.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_485c1c3102021986\nvldumdx.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_485c1c3102021986\nvldumdx.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_485c1c3102021986\nvldumdx.dll"

Last Error Code:"Not Available"

Last Error Code Description:"Not Available"

Last Reset:"Not Available"

Manufacturer:"NVIDIA"

Microsoft DirectX* Version:"DirectX 12"

Monochrome:"No"

Number of Colors:"4294967296"

Number of Video Pages:"Not Available"

PNP Device ID:"PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1C82&SUBSYS_A45419DA&REV_A1\4&6ED830D&0&0008"

Power Management Capabilities:"Not Available"

Power Management Supported:"Not Available"

Refresh Rate - Current:"59 Hz"

Refresh Rate - Maximum:"60 Hz"

Refresh Rate - Minimum:"30 Hz"

Resolution:"3840 X 2160"

Scan Mode:"Noninterlaced"

Service Name:"nvlddmkm"

Video Architecture:"VGA"

Video Memory:"Unknown"

Video Processor:"GeForce GTX 1050 Ti"

- "Memory"

Physical Memory (Available):"12.33 GB"

Physical Memory (Installed):"16 GB"

Physical Memory (Total):"15.94 GB"

- "BANK 0"

Capacity:"4 GB"

Channel:"ChannelA-DIMM0"

Configured Clock Speed:"2667 MHz"

Configured Voltage:"1200 millivolts"

Data Width:"64 bits"

Form Factor:"DIMM"

Interleave Position:"First position"

Manufacturer:"04CB"

Maximum Voltage:"Not Available"

Memory Type:"Unknown"

Minimum Voltage:"Not Available"

Part Number:"DDR4 2666 2OZ"

Serial Number:"A4750000"

Type:"Not Available"

- "BANK 1"

Capacity:"4 GB"

Channel:"ChannelA-DIMM1"

Configured Clock Speed:"2667 MHz"

Configured Voltage:"1200 millivolts"

Data Width:"64 bits"

Form Factor:"DIMM"

Interleave Position:"First position"

Manufacturer:"04CB"

Maximum Voltage:"Not Available"

Memory Type:"Unknown"

Minimum Voltage:"Not Available"

Part Number:"DDR4 2666 2OZ"

Serial Number:"709F0000"

Type:"Not Available"

- "BANK 2"

0 Kudos
4 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

When you install an add-in graphics card - and you have done so (your GeForce GTX 1050 Ti) - the on-chip Intel HD Graphics engine is automatically disabled by the BIOS and is not used at all. You do not need to install a driver in this case - and, as you have seen, you cannot.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
VRuss
Novice

Hello, I guess you are saying that if I use the HDMI output on the motherboard the Intel graphics driver with be utilized? My HDMI on-board out put will only display an image when I remove the add-on video card. Is there a way I can leave it in and use the HDMI on-board output? Thanks

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

The BIOS is disabling the on-chip graphics to avoid resource conflicts between the two. Some BIOS allow you to configure that the on-chip graphics remain enabled. Whether yours does is something you will have to determine. If it does, give it try and see what happens. My understanding is that you may need specialized software that can handle these resource conflicts and this isn't typically available for desktop designs. I have heard of there being a game or two that can handle this, but that's about it.

Sorry I don't have a more-knowledgeable answer,

...S

0 Kudos
VRuss
Novice

You were a great help. You made me realize that I needed to use the Intel Graphics Driver instead of GeForce driver for the ad-on card. Once I hooked up the 4k monitor to the mainboard I checked device manager and there was the iIntel Graphics driver listed under display adapters. It was not the UHD Graphics 630 driver I needed. I went to the Intel web site and downloaded and installed the Intel UHD Graphics 630 driver for Windows 10 64bit and all my problems went away. You led me in the right direction. Now to watch a 4k movie on my monitor it can only be done with the monitor hooked up to the mainboard. I really appreciate your help. I also found out that I do not physically have to remove the add-on card when I hook up the monitor to the mainboard with HDMI. I went into bios and set the VGA card to mainboard instead of PCI-E. It is still a hassle to switch cables in the back of the computer but a lot better than physically removing the add-on card. What I guess I will never understand is why just about every graphics card manufacturer list their add-on graphics card devices as HDCP ready but you can only view UHD HD through an Intel graphics driver. This is very misleading because the add-on card has to utilize the GeForce driver. Sometimes I wonder if it is easier to buy a 4K blu-ray player and hook it up to my 4k monitor. It would be a lot easier and cheaper too.

0 Kudos