7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 31, 2018 6:15 AM by Und3rD0gGo20

an immediate reboot of your system is required - over and over

VlaOli

24.7.2018.png

What with this?

• 1. Re: an immediate reboot of your system is required - over and over
          ncage

I"m having the exact same problem. I reboot after i get the message and the same thing happens again. I've tried edge, ie, & chrome and the same thing happens

• 2. Re: an immediate reboot of your system is required - over and over
            Intel Corporation
            This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello VlaOli,

I understand that you are getting problems with our Intel ® Driver & Support Assistant.

Regarding this, I would like to begin by gathering some information about the browser you are using as well as gather the logs of the tool you have.

Please let me know what browser you are using, if possible please provide me with the browser's version. Also, please provide me with the logs that you can find at: C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA. Attach them to this thread so we can review them.

I hope to hear from you.

Regards,
            David V

• 3. Re: an immediate reboot of your system is required - over and over
              VlaOli

The used intruders are the following:

Google Chrome 68.0.3440.75 64bit

IE 11 11.165.17134.0

26.7.2018.png

I copied the entire contents of the DSA address

• 4. Re: an immediate reboot of your system is required - over and over
                Intel Corporation
                This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello VlaOli,

Thank you for your response.

I was double-checking some details and I was able to find a procedure we can try in order to fix the problem. First, I will need you to fully uninstall the Intel ® Driver & Support Assistant. You can do this by going to the settings and then "Apps", you can easily find it by searching for "driver", it should come up. After uninstalling, please follow the steps below:

1 - Reboot the system.
                2 - Go to https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html in order to download the latest version of Intel ® Driver & Support Assistant.
                3 - Reboot the computer again.
                4 - Make sure to see if there are any updates running (for example: Windows updates). If not, then please scan the system and see if the error shows up again. 

I hope this helps.

Regards,
                David V

• 5. Re: an immediate reboot of your system is required - over and over
                  ncage

Tried uninstalling & reinstalling and still getting same thing...

• 6. Re: an immediate reboot of your system is required - over and over
                    VlaOli

Have a nice day.

I've tried your progress, uninstalled the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant. And restarted the system. He checked the Win 10. Update installed Intel® Driver & Support Assistant and restarted the system, but it did not help.

I tried to uninstall Inte® Driver & Support Assistantl again. And reboot with Shift, and move to Bios, reboot from Bios. He installed Intel and made one update, and the same restart message when changing to the second update.

26.7.2018.png

I tried restarting Shift, and moving to Bios, restarting from Bios. And another update was installed.

26.7.2018-2.png

Now I have everything up-to-date via Intel. So somehow I managed to get through with that. Perhaps it will be easier next time.

I hope it was a bit comprehensible, I use the translator for translation. Thank you for helping VlaOli.

• 7. Re: an immediate reboot of your system is required - over and over
                      Und3rD0gGo20

Hi,

I just wanted to comment on the issue that I experienced, too. I updated to the latest version of Intel DSA, which is 3.4.1.7, and I had two updates still pending via the tray icon, so after checking for new drivers, I tried to install both updates at the same time via the website, but I kept getting the notification that "an immediate reboot of your system is required", even after uninstalling the Intel DSA tool and reinstalling it. However, I got it to work after pressing "Learn more" under each individual pending update on the website, and installing these one by one. Now, both updates are installed and working after a final reboot, and the Intel DSA tray icon is not displaying any more available updates.

One final remark: The Intel DSA FAQ on the website tells that version 3.4.1 got rid of the issue that caused the software to indicate a reboot is required, even when it isn't. Though, this is for some reason not always the case, but as mentioned, I solved the problem by installing each update individually without using the Intel DSA tool itself.

1 of 1 people found this helpful