4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 31, 2018 8:14 AM by Intel Corporation

Intel Support Assistant Blocked - no answers in FAQ

Drifter753

Trying to update Intel graphics drivers.

Get directed to Intel DSA web page which presents me with a big red banner telling me that Support Assistant is being blocked and referring me to the FAQs.

As instructed, I viewed the FAQs and found NOTHING relevant.

After a further read of the FAQs, and finding nothing relevant again, I made another desperate attempt to download the SA software and SUCCEEDED!

Just to make sure I wasn't dreaming, I downloaded a second copy of the utility.

I installed copy #1 OK, and ran it, watched the rotating 'I'm doing something' indicator for a couple of seconds before leaving the room for a much needed cup of tea.

On my return to the PC, I have another big red banner saying 'Oops, something went wrong while trying to scan. Please try again, or see our FAQs for help.'

So I read the FAQ's again; just for spiritual guidance, you understand.

I Installed copy #2 OK, and watched it for about 30 seconds when it reported the same 'oops' message

I note that others have the same problem, (evidently not the only problem for at least one of them), and would like to ask, very politely, if there is a solution (to the 'oops' problem).

I can provide the output of SSU.exe if required.

I would be most grateful to receive advice from the loyal followers of Intel.

Your obedient servant,

Stuart