Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1343 Discussions

No compatible disks for Intel Optane memory

LX
Beginner

So I have a issue as many other people it gives me this error No compatible disks for Intel Optane memory. The catch is I don't have other sata or m2 ports to plug in. If I do please tell me where it is, I checked everything manually.

I have everything compatible, processor windows, chipset.

Motherboard: Acer Aspire a515-51

QuadCore Intel Core i5-8250U, 3400 MHz (34 x 100)

Chipset: Intel Sunrise Point-LP, Intel Kaby Lake-R

Windows 10

Optane memory is just shown as INTEL MEMPEK1W032GA in device manager.

I updated BIOS to 1.20 from acer site.

In BIOS I have RAID, SATA mode: RST with Optane, UEFI boot, but there is no option for PCIe remapping. There in no CSM also but it should be disabled as default.

Thank you for your help

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi lenkaxxx,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities.

I was trying to find the motherboard's model online (Acer Aspire A515-51) but it looks like you have a laptop instead of a desktop computer. I wasn't able to find the user guide of this motherboard's model to check for its specifications.

If you are using a laptop, then it would be better if you contact Acer directly to confirm if your system supports the Intel® Optane™ Memory. You can contact them using this site: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support

From previous users, I have noticed that when the Intel® Optane™ Memory appears like INTEL MEMPEK1W032GA is because it's not recognized as an NVMe* device which is caused because the remapping option is not set properly. If you are saying that there is no option for the remapping setting in your BIOS, then it could be possible that the module is not supported by your system.

Anyhow, in order to confirm this, it would be better to contact Acer directly as I'm not able to find the detailed specifications for that model.

I hope this information helps you.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.
0 Kudos
LX
Beginner

Hello. I know that in some of acer aspire 5 laptops it is possible to use optane.

I will ask them and let you and other users know.

Thank you

0 Kudos
ADev1
Beginner

Hi,

I am facing the same issue with updated bios v 1.21. Please let me know if you have solved the issue.

Thank you

0 Kudos