3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 14, 2018 12:55 PM by grazgraz

iDSA (Intel Driver and Support Assistant) This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software.

Bryce@Intel

We're getting reports from users that iDSA (Intel Driver and Support Assistant) is indicating a new driver is available, it downloads the driver though when it tries installing it throws an error "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software."

These users are upset and rightfully so, iDSA should not download the driver if it can't be installed and it is coded to know better. BUT I can't get it to fail! Of course it's working all the time for me, that's always how it goes when I actually want something to fail. If I can't gather logs then I can't get it fixed. I've checked our releases and the iDSA code and everything looks in order so I need those failing logs.

I really want to get this fixed this for you! So please, if you experience this please respond to me with the log file so I can investigate.

Log files located at C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA

Scenario:

Open iDSA

iDSA says there's a new driver

Download driver

During install, error occurs: "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software."

All other issues reported below will be deleted. This thread is to track this scenario only so please create a new thread for any additional issues. Thanks!!

.:Bryce:.