Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2834 Discussions

New model Dells with MEBX v12.0/Intel ME v12.0 firmware Failing Config via RCS v10.0 Provisioning

JusyD
Novice

Hello,

We started receiving new model Dell computers with MEBX v12.0 / Intel ME v12.0 firmware.

They are failing to Configure via the Intel RCS v10.0.11.35 Server in Database Mode.

However, Remote Configuration works successfully with all other Dell computers having the firmware MEBX v11.0 / Intel ME 11.8.50 and below.

I used the latest ACU Configurator v12.0.0.129 to attempt remote provisioning via the command line. This is the error I get in the output verbose log:

2018-07-20 15:34:14: Thread:8840(ERROR) : ACU Configurator, Category: Exit Source: Src\ActivatorMain.cpp : configurator::LogAndExit Line: 227: ***********Exit with code 75. Details: Failed to complete remote configuration of this Intel(R) AMT device. Failed while calling WS-Management call GetAmtVersion (CIM_SoftwareIdentity.Get). Intel(R) AMT connection error 0xc000521f: An SSL error occurred. Verify the username and password, and the PSK or certificate settings, where applicable. Valid certificate for PKI configuration not found.

All the target Workstation machines system info are:

* Windows 10 Enterprise v1709

* Intel MEI drivers only installed v1803.12.0.1093

Any advice on how to resolve this issue with our new Dell systems? Thanks.

14 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Jusyd,

Regarding your situation with problems configuration using RCS v10.0.11.35 Server in Database mode on a Dell with MEBX v12.0 / Intel ME v12.0 firmware.

Please verify the user manual:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/software/Intel_SCS_User_Guide.pdf https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/software/Intel_SCS_User_Guide.pdf

on Chapter 10 on 10.2 – Prerequisites for Remote Configuration.

And also the Certificate for Remote Configuration.

If there is anything else we can help please feel free to ask.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Jusyd,

SCS 10.x, 11.x can't be used on systems with AMT 12.x. You will need to upgrade their SCS/RCS software to 12.x.. See section 3.11 in the document I've sent before.

Please verify the user manual:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/software/Intel_SCS_User_Guide.pdf https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/software/Intel_SCS_User_Guide.pdf

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
JusyD
Novice

Hello Henry A.,

Thank you for your solution. I shall proceed with the SCS/RCS upgrade to v12.0.0.129 from v10.0.11.35 soon and report back here on my results!

(I was initially unconvinced it may have been a certificate issue because AMT11.x computers were still provisioning successfully).

- J

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Jusyd,

I am glad the information might help you. I will be here if you need any additional help.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Jusyd,

I will like to follow up and ask if there is anything else I can help, or if it is OK to close the case.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
JusyD
Novice

Hello Henry,

Please continue to keep the case open. We have not yet upgraded the RCS to v12.0

I need to go through a change management approval process first for this RCS server upgrade.

I shall provide feedback on the progress/resolution after the upgrade. Thanks.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Jusyd,

Thank you for the update. I will keep the case open for as long as possible.

Please keep us updated on the process on the approval for the necessary update.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Jusyd,

I'm aware on your request to keep the case open.

I will continue with the case open, I just wanted to let you know that we are here for any support you might need.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Jusyd,

I'm aware on your request to keep the case open.

I will continue with the case open, I just wanted to let you know that we are here for any support you might need.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Jusyd,

I will like to follow up and see if there is anything else I can help you with.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Jusyd,

I'm following up and check if you require any additional help.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Jusyd,

I haven't heard back from you on this threat. If we don't receive any updates I am afraid I will need to close the threat.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
JusyD
Novice

Hello Henry,

Apologies please proceed to close this thread. If I encounter further issues I shall raise a new thread question post-upgrade of RCS.

Thank you,

- J

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Jusyd,

Thank you for the update. I will proceed on closing the threat but if you have any further questions, we can create a new threat and refer back to this one.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos