1 2 Previous Next 16 Replies Latest reply on Sep 5, 2018 5:15 PM by Intel Corporation

Brightness Flickering in Photoshop with dual Graphics cards HD630

TigerIIV

When i using Photoshop CC2018 and adjusting my photo, the screen start to flickering. And it also happened in Adobe Camera Raw. I've try to rebuild my Windows, setup lenove's or intel's latest graphics drivers, but it doesn't help. My laptop is i5-7300hq HD630+GTX1050ti. And i also find some similar cases like mine.

Brightness Flickering in Photoshop CC 2018 | Adob... 

Dual Graphics cards problem

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1042260/...

This problem is so annoying, really hope somebody can help with me here.

• 1. Re: Brightness Flickering in Photoshop with dual Graphics cards HD630
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello TigerIIV,

I understand that you are currently experiencing problems when using photoshop with dual graphics card.

Regarding this, I was researching some about the problem that you have and I was able to find an article provided by adobe* which could address the issue. Please refer to the link below and I strongly suggest to follow the steps provided there:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html

* Please be aware that the content on that site is not controlled by Intel*. This information is offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel* for the merchants or services offered there. *

I hope this helps.

Regards,
          David V

• 2. Re: Brightness Flickering in Photoshop with dual Graphics cards HD630
            TigerIIV

I've tried all adobe's ideas. The only one idea can help is completely disable the graphics processor. But it makes my Photoshop works slowly without graphics processor.

As long as i choose nvidia graphics for Photoshop the screen will flicker in it and neither i choose intel or nvidia graphics the screen still flicker in Adobe Camera Raw.

I've tried to install both intel and nvidia's latest drivers. And uninstall them, install lenove's  latest drives. Neither drivers can't slove this issue.

I really hope intel can work with this problem. Adobe said this is not their fault, intel said this is not their fault and nvidia said this is not their fault, at last it can't really solve the issue. It makes customers feel helpless and disappointed.

Why i think intel can solve this issue. Because i try an intel graphics old driver (21.xxxx, the newest is 24.xxx) . It really solved the flickering issue in Photoshop, but it still flickers in Adobe Camera Raw. So it shows intel's driver has ability to solve this issue.

• 3. Re: Brightness Flickering in Photoshop with dual Graphics cards HD630
              Intel Corporation

Hello TigerIIV,

Thank you for your response.

We are currently investigating this. It will take time so please allow me to check the details and I will be getting back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,
              David V

• 4. Re: Brightness Flickering in Photoshop with dual Graphics cards HD630
                cesartejada

I have the same problem with the Intel graphics card on Photoshop CC 2018.

When I use my Nvidia gtx1060 flickers and when i switch to Intel(R) HD Graphics 630 they stills flickering in adobe camera raw.

I am convinced that the problem is in the intel's driver.

Please!!! Fix this problem is very annoying.

• 5. Re: Brightness Flickering in Photoshop with dual Graphics cards HD630
                  TigerIIV

Hello,

What's the progress of this issue? Did intel working with it and found out the source of the issue?

I'm considering buying a new laptop to solve it, though this really waste money. So i want to confirm is it possible for intel to solve this issue before i make dicision.

• 6. Re: Brightness Flickering in Photoshop with dual Graphics cards HD630
                    Intel Corporation

Hello TigerIIV,

We are currently trying to replicate the problem and see if the issue is present. In the meantime, if possible, please fill out the information requested in the thread below and post it in this thread:

https://communities.intel.com/thread/77761

This information will help us even more in the replication of the problem.

Regards,
                    David V

• 7. Re: Brightness Flickering in Photoshop with dual Graphics cards HD630
                      TigerIIV

Category

Questions

Answers (N/A if not applicable)

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue

Always

Please place an X to the right of the option showing how often you see this issue using specific steps. (Ex: 'Every few times a game is started it flickers.' <- This would be "Often")

Always (100%):

Often (51-99%):

Sporadic (20-50%):

Very Sporadic (<20%):

Hardware (HW)

Brand and Model of the system.

LenoveR720-15IKBN(1050Ti)  Windows10 Home 1803

Hybrid or switchable graphics system?
                      ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?

Yes. Nvidia GTX1050Ti

Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below).
                      LFP
                      = Local Flat Panel (Laptop panel)
                      EFP = External Flat Panel (Monitor you plug in)

Both LFP and EFP

How much memory [RAM] in the system (see note2 below).

16GB DDR4-2400

Provide any other hardware needed to replicate the issue.
                      ie: Cables&brand, cable type [vga, hdmi, DP, etc], dock, dongles/adapters, etc

Build-in Monitor

HDMI1.4 Cable

BenQ PD2500Q

Hardware Stepping (see note1 below).

微信截图_20180810112229.png

Software (SW)

Operating System version (see note2 below).

Windows 10 家庭中文版 64-bit (10.0, Build 17134) (17134.rs4_release.180410-1804)

VBIOS (video BIOS) version. This can be found in “information page” of CUI (right click on Desktop and select “Graphics Properties”.

Graphics Driver version; for both integrated Intel and 3rd party vendors (see note2 below).

Intel 23.20.0016.4973

Nvidia 24.21.13.9836

SW or Apps version used to replicate the issue.

Photoshop 19.0 20170929.r.165 2017/09/29: 1138933  x64 \ Photoshop 19.1.5 \ Adobe camera raw 10.4

Configurations

Single display, clone, or extended (see note2 below).

Both Single display, Clone and Extended

Display resolution & refresh rate setting of each display (see note2 below).

60Hz on both

AC or DC mode, i.e. is power cable plugged in or not?

AC Mode usual. Also happen on DC Mode

How to repro

Please provide steps to replicate the issue.  These steps are very crucial to finding the root cause and fix.
                      A screenshot to illustrate the issue is a huge plus. A video of the failure is even better! Attach to the post or provide the YouTube link.

1. Select Nvidia GPU for Photoshop

2. Select both Nvidia and Intel GPU for Adobe Camera Raw is ok

3. Adjust Photos in Photoshop CC2018 and Camera Raw, the screen will flicker on the Grey Area Between The Photo.

4. I've tried to install both intel(24.20.100.6194) and nvidia's latest drivers. Then uninstall them, install lenove's  latest drives ( Intel23.20.16.4973 \ Nvidia23.21.13.8875  Down here 联想拯救者R720-15IKBN(1050/1050Ti)驱动下载Windows 10 64-bit,Windows 8.1 64-bit,Windows 7 64-bit,_联想中国(lenovo china)服务频道 ) . Neither drivers can't slove this issue. And i'm using microsoft's newest intel driver now(23.20.0016.4973)

5.Flicker Area微信图片_20180810120220.png

微信截图_20180810120418.png

• 8. Re: Brightness Flickering in Photoshop with dual Graphics cards HD630
                        Intel Corporation

Hello TigerIIV,

We are currently running the tests and attempting to replicate the issue. Please allow us some time as we attempt to reproduce the problem so we can assist you further. 

Regards,
                        David V

• 9. Re: Brightness Flickering in Photoshop with dual Graphics cards HD630
                          Intel Corporation

Hello TigerIIV,

Thank you for your patience.

Just updating you that we have the necessary equipment now to proceed with the replication of the problem, I apologize for the delay. The program has also been installed, I will be getting back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,
                          David V

• 10. Re: Brightness Flickering in Photoshop with dual Graphics cards HD630
                            TigerIIV

It seems that the newest driver(24.20.100.6286) doesn't solve the issue.

I've changed a new hp omen computer to 'solve' the issue and sold out my lenove, so i can't test it on my computer.

But i test this newest driver on my classmate's lenove, which is the same series and has a nearly completely same hardware as mine old lenove. 7th i5 and nvidia gtx1050(1050ti on mine). The issue still happened.

I don't know if adobe release a new ps version to assist solving the problem.

• 11. Re: Brightness Flickering in Photoshop with dual Graphics cards HD630
                              Intel Corporation

Hello TigerIIV,

We have been running some tests to verify and replicate the problem, my apologies for the delay; however, I would like to know if with the new computer you have gotten the issue persists, if not, please let me know. 

Regards,
                              David V

• 12. Re: Brightness Flickering in Photoshop with dual Graphics cards HD630
                                Obada-Jaz

I have the exact same problem, my Lenovo laptop has almost the same specs...

Intel i7-7700HQ

Nvidia GTX 1050ti

please help

• 13. Re: Brightness Flickering in Photoshop with dual Graphics cards HD630
                                  Intel Corporation

Hello Obada-Jaz,

We apologize for any inconvenience. Please submit a new thread since we handle every case individually and every scenario is different even if the same product is being used. The next agent will be able to further assist you on this matter.

Regards,
                                  David V

• 14. Re: Brightness Flickering in Photoshop with dual Graphics cards HD630
                                    TigerIIV

This issue doesn't happen on my new computer, and that's why i chose it.

But I suspect this issue is due to adobe's software. Because when i shift original and adjusted view in Lightroom, the grey space beyond the photo will show a different Grayscale.

And it may due to nvidia and intel are using a different gamma curve, so when the software apply a same value's grayscale to nvidia and intel's graphics or cpu, the actual grayscale on screen will looks different when shifting operation between nvidia or intel ?

1 2 Previous Next