Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14402 Discussions

How to know xeon gold 6126 processor's turbo steps..

APakk
Beginner

Hello,

I am looking for information about turbo steps of 6126 gold processor, I have logged a case at Intel and HPE too; but, no progress in finding it. Could you guys please help me in this regards.

I have a server with the following config

Four (4) Intel® Xeon® Scalable 6126

Processors only (Gold)
  • CPU Frequency: 2.6 GHz (Max Turbo Boost

Frequency 3.70 GHz)
  • Cores: 12
  • Level 3 Cache: 19.25 MB write-back
  • QPI Speed: 10.4 GT/s
  • UPI Links: 3 per processor
  • Max TDP: 125W
  • Memory Type: DDR4- 2666
  • Intel Hyper-Threading Technology (HT)

I have details about "number of active cores/ maximum core frequency in turbo mode GHz" for 6126 processor. But, would like to know the turbosteps for the same.

Considering the old processor E5-4620 v3, I have below furnished table. I am looking for Intel Xeon Scalable 6126 gold processor's number of turbo steps (which is in center column in the below table) to reach the max frequency in turbo mode.

E5-4620 v3 - The Turbo Boost setting of 2/2/2/2/2/2/3/4/6/6 translates to the following table:

# of

Cores Active

# of

Turbo Steps

Max

Frequency

2.2 GHz

2.2 GHz

2.2 GHz

2.2 GHz

2.2 GHz

5<td nowrap="nowrap" style="border-width: medium 1pt 1pt medium; border-style: none solid solid no...
0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi AshokPakki,

I am sending you the Intel® Xeon® Processor Scalable Family Specification Update document. It contains the maximum speed per Core with Intel® Turbo Boost enable for the Intel®Scalable processors including the Gold 6126 on page 13.

https://www.intel.in/content/www/in/en/processors/xeon/scalable/xeon-scalable-spec-update.html

The turbo steps were not published; however, it provides with the maximum speed per Core.

I hope my answer helps you.

Regards,

Miguel C.

Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
APakk
Beginner

Hi Miguel C,

Thanks for the reply, as I mentioned in the description; I already have that information which you shared.

I am looking for number of turbo steps as I furnished the table of v4 processor (looking for centre column numbers for 6126).

Thanks,

Ashok Kumar Pakki

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi AshokPakki,

I will escalate this to see if we can get that information for you. In the meantime please let us know if you need something else.

Eduardo_B.
0 Kudos