5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 20, 2018 2:21 AM by ae7788

Intel HD 530 6700k with latest driver can't detect 3840x2160 @ 60Hz on Dell P2715Q monitor

ae7788

Current Setup:

Monitor A 1440p to dGPU Nvidia 770

Monitor B 3840x2160 to iGPU Intel HD 530 (6700k)

Intel HD530 refuse to detect and use 4k resolution, and if I switched the connection around (Intel -> 1440p, Nvidia -> 4k) the dGPU has no issue detecting 4K resolution.

Both are connected via DP 1.2.

I tried to add custom resolution to Intel Display Control but it keeps saying exceed max bandwidth.

Can anyone help me make Intel display 4k correctly?

Thanks,

Edit:

Under Intel HD Graphic Control Panel -> Option and Support -> Select Monitor as the Option

3840x2160 (60p Hz) is displayed as one of the supported modes.

It is only that Intel HD 530 refuses to output the resolution profile.

• 1. Re: Intel HD 530 6700k with latest driver can't detect 3840x2160 @ 60Hz on Dell P2715Q monitor
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello ae7788,

I understand that you are currently experiencing resolution issues.

Regarding this, I would like to request more information about your system. I will need the Intel ® System Support Utility report, the DxDiag report and also a graphics report. Now, in order to create the first one, you need the tool which you can download in the link below:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

Please attach it to this thread, for the Dxdiag, please follow the steps below: 

1. In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R. 
          2. In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter.
          3. Click on Save All Information (save it in your desktop). 
          4. Attach the report to this thread. 

Finally, in order to get the graphics report, you can refer to the link below which explains step by step on how to get this report:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005848/graphics-drivers.html

All of this is important in order to find the root of the problem and assist you the best way. 

I hope to hear from you.

Regards,
          David V

• 2. Re: Intel HD 530 6700k with latest driver can't detect 3840x2160 @ 60Hz on Dell P2715Q monitor
            ae7788

Hi David,

Thank you for responding.

the attached are the information you have instructed me to save from my computer.

Thanks,

Edit:

As added info,

I have clean installed Intel driver, installed monitor driver already.

Even though it does detect 4K @ 60Hz in system info but Intel Control won't let me set it.

• 3. Re: Intel HD 530 6700k with latest driver can't detect 3840x2160 @ 60Hz on Dell P2715Q monitor
              Intel Corporation
              This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello ae7788,

Thank you for your response.

I appreciate you taking the time to provide me with the information. Driver-wise and software-wise everything seems to be in order; however, I would like to try a few things now and see if the problem persists. We are going to do the following:

1 - Disconnect the dedicated video card.
              2 - Check the resolution available when only with the integrated graphics.
              3 - If still not shown properly, please download the latest graphics driver provided by the manufacturer of your motherboard.
              4 - Disconnect from the internet and then go to device manager, under display adapters you will find the Intel ® HD 530. Right-click on it and select uninstall until you end up with only the "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter.
              5 - Re-install the driver you downloaded previously.
              6 - Reboot and check the available resolutions.
              7 - If working, please re-connect the dedicated video card and the internet.
              8 - If not working, please try the driver below:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27892/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=88345

* To install, I recommend following the steps below after downloading the ".zip" file:

• Unzip the file to a designated location or folder.
              • Right-click Windows Start icon and open Device Manager.
              • Click Yes when prompted for permission from User Account Control.
              • Expand the Display adapters section.
              • Right-click the Intel® graphics entry and select Update Driver Software.
              • Click "Browse my computer for driver software".
              • Click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".
              • Click "Have Disk".
              • Click "Browse".
              • Access the designated location or folder, and access a folder called "Graphics".
              • Select the file called "igdlh64" or "igdlh".
              • Click Open, then click OK, and finally click Next. Drivers are now being installed.
              • Reboot your computer

Once the re-installation is complete, check the resolutions and if properly shown, reconnect the dedicated driver. Also, if possible, please provide me with the model of your motherboard, this is because some motherboards don't allow more than 30Hz to go through the display port embedded which could also be the cause of the problem.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
              David V

• 4. Re: Intel HD 530 6700k with latest driver can't detect 3840x2160 @ 60Hz on Dell P2715Q monitor
                ae7788

Hi David,

I've taken the steps and here are the observations:

1. if i completely taken out dGPU, iGPU will be able to run 4k @ 60Hz via DP1.2

2. if dGPU is not connected to power but plugged in while iGPU is connected, and only connect to iGPU, monitor will not display properly

3. if i completely uninstall iGPU driver, the monitor will not turn on

4. if I uninstall iGPU driver, it does not try to install Microsoft Basic Display Adaptor, instead it always revert to Intel HD Graphics 530

If i connect 4K monitor to dGPU while 1440p monitor to iGPU, everything displayed properly with the same cable and port.

I have been running the latest driver/firmware already for both motherboard bios and Intel Graphic Driver.

my motherboard is AsRock z170 itx/ac: ASRock > Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming-ITX/ac

Thanks,

• 5. Re: Intel HD 530 6700k with latest driver can't detect 3840x2160 @ 60Hz on Dell P2715Q monitor
                  ae7788

Hi David,

I have fixed the issue.

In order for the 4k monitor to be used properly, I have to set the Primary Graphic Adaptor to onboard via BIOS setting.

after the configuration, now I can run 4K on iGPU and 1440p on dGPU.

Thanks,