Items with no label
3335 Discussions

D400, can a pick be taken while a pic is being transfered.

TPrep
Beginner

I know Intel does not actively support interfacing to the D400 through the 50 pin hookup.

However.

Does anyone know, either in general with MIPI cameras, or specifically with the D400, whether it is possible to:

A:

1. initiate a PIC

2. finish the PIC

3. start transfering PIC

4. WHILE PIC IS TRANSFERRING, initiate second PIC

5. finish second PIC

6. transfer second PIC

B:

1. Initiate PIC

2. transfer PIC according to exposure at the moment

3. continue exposure

4. finish PIC, and transfer with full exposure.

--

I'm trying to figure out whether I will be able to compensate for background light, (by taking two very close pictures, or one with partial exposure). I need background lighting, especially sun, to be removed as much as possible.

Any information would be welcome.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Could you clarify please whether the term PIC in capitals has a meaning or is just a shorthand for 'picture'? Thanks!

0 Kudos
TPrep
Beginner

PIC just means picture- but I guess I mean, picture from both left and right stereo imager. (so I don't mean, start left pic, while transfering start right pic - I mean start left and right, while transfering start left and right)

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I'm just about to go 'off shift' for the day as it is nearly midnight where I am, but I kept a note about this in case you called again today.

In regard to question 'A', f I were programming it in the normal RealSense SDK 2.0 without using any special technical measures such as MIPI, I would put an instruction in the script to send an activation signal to a transfer subroutine in the line directly before the instruction to retrieve the next frame.

I would be happy to continue this on Saturday if you wish. Good luck!

0 Kudos