Today I noticed a taskbar notification saying that RST was not working.
After trying to open RST, I received a pop up window with an unknown error message.
Based on an online post, I tried to install the most recent version for windows 8.1 64 bit. It would not install, saying something like "platform not supported."
I then found my existing version number 184.108.40.2061, downloaded the install file from the Intel site, and ran the repair function.
After doing that and rebooting, RST would open but now only showed two independent drives and not the usual symbols for raid pairs. The two drives shown were for one of the pairs, the other two did not show at all.
I then rebooted the computer and checked to see what the bios showed. It showed four hard drives but not the SSD the OS is loaded on. I then checked all the connections to all of the drives.
Somehow in that process, I believe I disconnected one of the raid pair drives while it was running.
What I now see on the bios is all four hard drives and the OS SSD; however, when running windows 8.1 I see only one of the two raid 1 pairs I expect to see (perhaps it is not even a raid pair but a single drive) and the other pair and/or associated drives do not show at all.
Using a partition tool to view the drives one pair seems to show as a pair, but now as "un-allocated" and the other two drives show as separate drives (see image). Again, perhaps it is only showing one drive of the two that should be paired. I'm not certain.
I've also pasted an image of Device manager side by side with the RST window below.
I need advice on what to do next to make the drives visible again and working as two raid 1 pairs. While I have fairly recent backups, I really would like to restore the functionality and data accessibility of the existing drives without data loss if possible and without resorted to a restore from the backups.