Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2046 Discussions

Intel RST Platform not supported - Please help

FGuel
Beginner

I have a problem with "iastora.sys" which causes crashes on my notebook. I have tried to install the new RST Software but get "Platform not Supported" all the time.

My Laptop info :

Laptop:

SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO., LTD.

System Model:"350V5C/351V5C/3540VC/3440VC

BIOS Version/Date:"American Megatrends Inc. P09ABE , 04.07.2013 12:00

Processor:"Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz , GenuineIntel

My SSD:

Hitachi HTS727575A9E364

Driver Version:"10.0.17134.1

Driver Date:"06.21.2006 12:00

Motherboard:

BIOS:"P09ABE, SECCSD - 1072009

Chipset":"Intel(R) 7 Series

Serial Number:"123490EN400015

Processor:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz"

Architecture:"x64"

ATPO:"Not Available"

Availability:"Running or Full Power"

Caption:"Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9"

Chipset Name":"Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz

I am attaching a DxDiag and a SSU Report , please tell me what i have to do

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello f1905,

I understand that you are currently having problems with Intel ® RST as it shows that the platform is not supported.

According to the information you have provided, your chipset is a 7-series chipset. This means that the RST version would only work with Windows 7 or Windows 8. Our oldest RST driver for windows 10 supports only 8-series chipset.

I would recommend you to contact the manufacturer of your system, in this case Samsung, so that they can try and provide you with a workaround in order to get an appropriate workaround. If not, you can re-install the original operating system that came with the laptop, then, you can download the appropriate version of Intel ® RST, preferably from the manufacturer of the system.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
FGuel
Beginner

Thanks for the response.

So is there any other way ? Lets say i dont want the new RST thing but only some working Windows 10 drivers for the 7-Series Chipset ? My actual driver is from 2012 , i mean there must have been some updates between that and the newest RST ?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello f1905,

Thank you for your response.

I quite understand your position; however, this is the only way in order to get Intel ® RST to work with your system. This is not because we cannot or do not want to help, but because of the compatibility between RST, chipset and Operating System.

I apologize for any inconvenience.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos