Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20454 Discussions

UHD Graphics 600 video tdr blue screen

GLecl
Beginner

Hello,

I have a recent Dell Inspiro 14 3473. Whenever I try to run Microsoft Office, the computer crashes and gives me BSOD with message Video TDR Failure.

I have updated all drives on the system as well as updated the BIOS.

I ran a full system check and the only issue found was the Intel UHD graphics 600. The test failure is linked to the Primary Surface Test, with the error code WVC07-L5N.

Is there a fix for this?

Thanks.

Full specs :

CPU : Intel Celeron N4000 CPU @ 1.10 GHz

Hard drive: Dell WR202KD032G E70290F5

0 Kudos
16 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello GLeclerc

Thank you for joining the community.

I would like to gather more information about the configuration you have on the computer to set it up on my side. Please attach to this thread the TXT file the Intel® System Support Utility will generate: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Steps to save the report:
  1. Run the utility.
  2. Click on "Scan" to get the scanned system.
  3. Once the scan is complete click on "next".
  4. Use the "save" option, save the report to your desktop.
  5. To attach a file, you must click the "Attach" option on the bottom right-hand corner of the response box.

Could you provide me with the stop error code?

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
GLecl
Beginner

Hello, here is the report.

Besides the "video tdr failure", there is no other stop error code generated.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello GLeclerc

Thank you for your response

I would recommend doing a clean installation of the graphics diver for your system first you have to download the graphics drivers for your system, since your system is a laptop we recommend to use the drivers form the system manufacturer (DELL™) due to those are customized for you your system (Link for drivers: https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/inspiron-14-3473-laptop/drivers?lwp=rt https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/inspiron-14-3473-laptop/drivers?lwp=rt), once you have the driver downloaded proceed to uninstall the graphics drivers following these steps:

1. On the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R, then type in devmgmt.msc
  2. Expand the Display Adapters section.
  3. Find the Intel® Graphics Driver. The driver can also be called the Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver (Intel® GMA Driver).
  4. Right-click the Intel Graphics Driver and select Uninstall.
  5. Select the checkbox "Delete" the driver software for this device.
  6. Reboot the computer after the uninstall process has finished.
  7. Please repeat these steps until you get to the Microsoft basic display adapter.

Once you get to Microsoft basic display adapter install the drivers previously downloaded.

I recommend completing this the process (uninstall and install) with no internet connection to avoid automatic updates on the system.

Hope this help.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
GLecl
Beginner

Thank you for the assist.

Unfortunately, this only partially helped. These steps allow me to run some programs on the Microsoft basic display adapter, but my system still does not work on the Intel graphics.

I have also tried doing those steps to install the most recent intel drive upgrade, but still, it does not work. Before crashing, the screen displays a blank screen with some pixels.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello GLeclerc

Thank you for your response.

Could you let me know the Intel divers version that you have tested?

Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the Microsoft office package?

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
GLecl
Beginner

Hi,the

I tried installing the drive from the link you provided, as well as the most recent drive from your website.

Word will function on the default Microsoft basic display adapter, but Windows forces the install of Intel graphics every time, which makes working on my thesis very hard.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello GLeclerc

Could provide me with the built of Microsoft office? Go to the office bottom>word options>resources>about, and send me a screenshot of the Microsoft office built.

Please provide me with the download link for the Intel driver that you have tested.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
GLecl
Beginner
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello GLeclerc

I would like to verify if you could uninstall and reinstalled the Microsoft package on your system?

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
GLecl
Beginner

Hello,

I beleive am I able to. However, I noticed a new update for the driver is available, and wondering is this would fix the problem I am having. I will try both options later, and keep you up to date

0 Kudos
GLecl
Beginner

So I tried everything listed previously, and Microsoft Word still will not function with the Intel UHD Graphics 600.

0 Kudos
GLecl
Beginner

Another update: I have tried to run a game, Civilization VI, with the Intel graphics card, and it does the same thing. So the problem definetly does not seem to be Microsoft Word.

The programs that work properly with the card so far :

Chrome

Mail

Acrobat Reader

Zotero

VLC media player

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello GLeclerc

Thank you for your responses and for all the information provided, allow me to investigate the case, I will be posting back as soon as news become available.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello GLeclerc

Thank you for waiting let me share with you that I have set an environment with Intel® UHD graphics to test the driver version 6136 and I also tested the version 6286 while using Microsoft® Office* home and student 2016. Here is the information about the environment:
  • Office: version 1808 build 107.20102
  • Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 17134) clean install.
  • UHD graphics:
  • Driver vision tested:
While using this set up I did not face ant BSOD with those Intel® graphics driver versions.

You could try updating the Intel® UHD graphics driver version 6286 (https://downloadmirror.intel.com/27988/a08/win64_24.20.100.6286.zip https://downloadmirror.intel.com/27988/a08/win64_24.20.100.6286.zip) on your system by installing it with the manual steps (see the steps below) also updating the Microsoft® office home and student 2016 to the latest version.

If these options do not helps you may try contacting the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) for new releases of driver to your system or assistance for a clean installation of the Operating System (OS), bear in mind that if the system was bought with a preinstalled OS and software is recommended to troubleshoot the system with the OEM.

Please follow these steps in order to update the graphics driver:
  1. Use the .ZIP provided previously.
  2. Unzip the file to a designated location or folder.
  3. Right-click on the Windows Start icon and open Device Manager.
  4. Click "Yes" when prompted for permission from User Account Control.
  5. Expand the Display adapters section.
  6. Right-click the Intel® graphics entry and select Update Driver Software.
  7. Click "Browse my computer for driver software".
  8. Click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".
  9. Click "Have Disk".
  10. Click "Browse".
  11. Access the designated location or folder, and access a folder called "Graphics".
  12. Select the file called "igdlh64" or "igdlh".
  13. Click Open, then click OK, and finally click "Next". Drivers are now being installed.
  14. Reboot your computer.

Hope this help.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello GLeclerc

I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further help. If so, please do not hesitate in replying back.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
RAJU2529
New Contributor III

hi try new graphics driver from intel

supported for Intel Celeron N4000 CPU @ 1.10 GHz

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27847/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10%3Fproduct%3D96551 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27847/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=96551

there are two versions are available namely

win64_24.20.100.6136.exe

win64_24.20.100.6136.zip

download this file win64_24.20.100.6136.zip , unzip the folder ,

after that copy the folder C:\Go to device manager , click on display adapter- intel Hd gaphics 530 -update driver - browse for drivers on your computer-

C:\win64_24.20.100.6136\graphics , click next, wait for to complete the installation restart the laptop

0 Kudos