Software Storage Technologies
Virtual RAID, RSTe, and Memory Drive Technology
Announcements
Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

Looking for RAID, VROC? You found the forum to ask questions!

Intel® Optane™ SSD DC P4800X

idata
Employee

Which software should i install to do best effort with (Intel® Memory Drive Technology) on my Intel® Optane™ SSD DC P4800X

is this right ? https://downloadcenter.intel.com/zh-tw/download/26979/Intel-Optane-Memory SetupOptaneMemory

Please help and thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities.

The Optane™ Memory Application is for the Intel® Optane™ Memory which is different from the Intel® Optane™ SSDs.

Please check the following guide which describes the process to install and setup the Intel® Memory Drive Technology: https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/memory-and-storage/intel-mdt-setup-guide.pdf https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/memory-and-storage/intel-mdt-setup-guide.pdf.

I hope this information answers your question.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Diego,

Your reply help a lot.

i still have come questions:

Where can i found SSD's IMDT(Intel Memory Drive Technology) serial number? and i have to install 50times if i have 50 piece of DC P4800X SSD ?

Thank you so much

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello 王小姐,

Thanks for contacting the Intel® Memory Drive™ Technology SW for Intel® Optane™ support, in regards to your question your Intel® Optane™ SSD DC P4800X Series must come with the Serial Numbers to register and use the Software.

Intel® Memory Drive Technology is bundled with certified Intel NVMe SSDs and is not offered separately. The Intel® MDT license is per-SSD-device. There is a matching Memory Drive part number for each certified model of Intel NVMe SSD.

You'll require to contact your place of purchase if your SSD doesn't come with the Serial Number, since we can't provide them separately.

Also, in regards to your question of the IMDT installation; you'll need to install the software only one time on each equipment that you're going to use IMDT and then follow the instructions on the installation manual to activate as many serial numbers for each corresponding drive that you have installed on each equipment.

Additionally, please remember that if you require more assistance or want to add additional details, we'll be glad to assist you

Best regards,

Chris
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello 王小姐,

Thanks for your time and we're sending you this message as a follow-up to your question and to see if the information that we've provided you was useful for your situation.

Also, please remember that if you require more assistance, want to add additional details, or if all your questions have been solved you can also ask us to mark this question as solved; we'll be glad to assist you.

Best regards,

Chris
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello 王小姐,

Thanks for your time and we're sending you this message as a follow-up to your question and to see if the information that we've provided you was useful for your situation.

At this point we'll mark this question as solved; however, if you want to ask more questions please fell free to contact us, we'll be glad to assist you

Best regards,

Chris
0 Kudos