8 Replies Latest reply on Jul 11, 2018 4:43 PM by Bruma

Riser for S2600CW2R serverboard

Bruma

Hello, it is possible to install a riser for infiniband onto the S2600CW2R serverboard?

• 1. Re: Riser for S2600CW2R serverboard
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello Bruma, 

I was reviewing your question about the compatibility of the Intel® Server Board S2600CW2R with the InfiniBand Cards and I would like to inform you that unfortunately your server system will not be comparable with that type of cards. Nevertheless, your system is comparable with the following cards: 

• Intel® Omni-Path Host Fabric Interface Adapter 100 Series 1 Port PCIe x8 Low Profile 100HFA018LS
          • Intel® Omni-Path Host Fabric Interface Adapter 100 Series 1 Port PCIe x8 Standard 100HFA018FS

• Intel® Omni-Path Host Fabric Interface Adapter 100 Series 1 Port PCIe x16 Low Profile 100HFA016LS
          • Intel® Omni-Path Host Fabric Interface Adapter 100 Series 1 Port PCIe x16 Standard 100HFA016FS

Please, if you have any other question do no hesitate and let me know and I will be more than happy to help you. 

Best Regards, 

Emeth X

• 2. Re: Riser for S2600CW2R serverboard
            Bruma

Great Emeth X!.

Thanks a lot for your answer, it is very helpful. We will consider these cards you propose but just to have the opinion from an expert, which serverboard you think it is closer to the S2600CW2R in specs (specilly same chipset) and is compatible with InfiniBands Cards?

Best Regards,

Bruma.

• 3. Re: Riser for S2600CW2R serverboard
              Intel Corporation

Hello Bruma, 

No problem, it is my pleasure to help you out with this information. 

I would like to mention that the majority of the InfiniBand Cards are already discontinue and nowadays we are implementing the new generation (Intel® Omni-Path Host Fabric Interface).

On the other hand, the reason why I am recommending you the Intel® Omni-Path Host Fabric Interface is because those cards are already validated from Intel. However, if you would like to test the InfiniBand Cards into your server system be aware that it could work or it might present incompatibility issues. 

Nevertheless, If you would like to test an InfiniBand into your server I would like to recommend you the following server board: Intel® Server Board S2600WTTS1R. This server board has the same chipset and it is comparable with the following InfiniBand Cards and those cards are already validated from Intel also those cards are still in launched status: 

InfiniBand* ConnectX-3* I/O Module AXX2FDRIBIOM (Dual Port)
              InfiniBand* ConnectX-3* I/O Module AXX1FDRIBIOM (Single Port)

Best regards,

Emeth X 

• 4. Re: Riser for S2600CW2R serverboard
                Bruma

Hello Emeth X,

thanks a lot for the recommendations!, let me please do some last questions:

1. This serverboard (S2600WTTS1R) is compatible with InfiniBand cards even if it says it has not Integrated InfiniBand?
                2. We do have an InfiniBand card (that's the reason for not moving to Omni-path). Can you recommend an InfiniBand riser for it, suitable for a 1U rack?

Best Regards!

Andrés.

• 5. Re: Riser for S2600CW2R serverboard
                  Bruma

Sorry Emeth X, just one last question...

Would the S2600WTTS1R be compatible with a Mellanox MT25408 card? (these are the cards we will use)

Best Regards!

Andrés.

• 6. Re: Riser for S2600CW2R serverboard
                    Intel Corporation

Hello Bruma, 

We have not tested those cards on the Intel® Server Board S2600WTTS1R.
                    You can find the products that we have already tested and validated in the following link in the specific section comparable products: Intel® Server Board S2600WTTS1R.

If you have any other question, just let me know and I will be more than happy to help you. 

Best Regards, 

Emeth X

• 7. Re: Riser for S2600CW2R serverboard
                      Intel Corporation

Hello Bruma, 

I would like to know if you have any other question in order to assist you with? 

Best Regards, 

Emeth X

• 8. Re: Riser for S2600CW2R serverboard
                        Bruma

Hello Emeth X,

You've been very kind. Thanks for all you assistance. I've all the information I need so far.

Best Regards,

Bruma.