2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 10, 2018 5:31 PM by Intel Corporation

erratic mouse behavior

QuadGuy

I have a NUC model i5SNUC6YH that started giving me problems with my Logitech Trackman Marble Trackball. The problem is with the left mouse button behavior. Dragging to select text or to move/size windows is nearly impossible as the button seems to release or double-click on its own even while I am firmly holding the button. It started happening a few months ago and figured it was the trackball being old. So I threw it away and used my spare that I have for another computer that is rarely used.

This worked fine for a couple of months then started to act up the same way. I have tried a traditional wired mouse (Dell brand, optical) and the problem isn't as frequent, but still happens time to time.

I have tried switch USB ports, rebooted the PC, even tried using the ports on my Plugable 3900 (used to connect dual monitors). But the problem seems to be getting worse.

I'm running Windows 10 Pro (Version:"10.0.16299 Build 16299").

BIOS Version/Date:"Intel Corp. SYSKLi35.86A.0042.2016.0409.1246 , 04/09/2016 12:00 AM"

I've seen lots of posts on the web about the contact switches in the trackman being crap, but the problem can be seen with a regular mouse as well.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Rich P