1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 21, 2010 7:29 AM by Leopoldo

Need help getting warranty support

Leopoldo

Hello

I have been having trouble with my system such as the computer shutting down on its own or freezing-up, the system is not overclocked nor has it ever been.  I stripped down the system to the bare minimum and i have also replaced every component apart from the CPU as i dont have access to another CPU.

I am pretty sure its the CPU thats causing the problems since replacing the other components makes no difference.  I have the latets BIOS and drivers installed and even done a fresh install of the Operating System.  I have a Tri-Boot system so i have tried the system under Windows 7 Professional 64bit, Window Vista Home Premium SP2 64bit and Windows XP Home Edition SP3 32bit, I have these problems under all 3 Operating Systems.

My system specs are

CPU = intel i7 965 Extreme Edition

Motherboard = EVGA X58 Classified (E759) and i also tried the EVGA X58 3X SLI (E758)

Memory = 3x2GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600 (has i7 support, specifications = 8-8-8-24 @ 1.65v) and i have also tried 3x2GB Kingston Hyper X DDR3 1866 (has intel certified XMP profile, specifications = 7-8-7-20 @ 1.65v).  I run both sets at DDR3 1066 7-7-7-20 @ 1.5v which is the JEDEC specifications.

Graphics Card = 2x EVGA GTX 295 but i have also tried just 1 GTX 295, I have also tested with 1x GTX 285 and 1x 8800 GTX.

OS Hard Drive = Intel X-25M 80GB Gen2 SSD but also tried 250GB Seagate Barracuda and 150GB WD Raptor

Power Supply = Thermaltake Toughpower 1500W but have also tried a BFG 1000W PSU.

CPU Cooling = Liquid Cooling (Heat Killer 3.0 on triple 120mm Rad) but have also tried stock cooler and Thermalright TRUE.

Even with these changes i am still having the system freeze, it happens at random times, i could be playing a game, I could be browsing the web or i may have just left the PC idling.  It will also on rare occasion just shut-down and i have also had the "CPU has changed" warning when it tries to post again.

Everything is at stock settings, no overclocks.

I need help with this and want to look into getting a warranty replacement on the CPU but i dont want to phone due to the possible cost and i cant find anyway to email Intel now.  I have tried Live Support but even though the light is always at green when i click it i always get "There are no support agents available" and get a list of useless links.  I dont get the email option which you should get if there are no support agents available because the light is never red, its always green.

Please can someone help me please, i have been trying to get help from Intel support for about a week, i have even tried replying to old email support tickets in hope someone will be able to help me but so far i ahve not gotten a reply.

thanks