Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Assembly Tripod of D415

HWang59
Beginner

Hi,

I just received a new D415. I am having trouble to mount D415 on its tripod. Now, it is fallen apart and have no idea how to put it back together. Help?

Regards,

Heng

0 Kudos
1 Solution
10 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III
0 Kudos
HWang59
Beginner

Is there a video clip to show me how to assembly the tripod step by step? No matter what I did, they just keeping falling apart.

Regards,

Heng

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

The tripod comes out of the box assembled, and all the YouTube videos I saw were the same (taking the tripod out of the box complete and screwing it in). So there are apparently no assembly guides. Which part of your tripod is falling apart, please - the legs, the middle black adjuster or the wheel on the top?

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

It should be possible to use your own tripod instead of the supplied one if necessary. In Intel's 400 Series camera calibration guide, they say "Any medium sized tripod should be sufficient ... we used a Manfrotto Compact Light Aluminum Tripod with ball head"

0 Kudos
HWang59
Beginner

Thanks for the helps and suggestions.

I don't have any other tripod can mount this camera at hand now. I need to find out what is wrong with this tripod. In addition, the new USB cable is so stiff so that I can not position camera without a tripod. Can I use any other USB cable instead?

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I have not got my own tripod to compare (I gave the tripod to a young relative). But it looks from the picture that maybe they do not stay together because the adjuster on the top half is screwed fully in and its point is on the inside. This could stop the top from fully going down over the thread on top of the legs. I would suggest fully unscrewing the adjuster, putting the two halves together and then screwing the adjuster back in to fix the two halves together.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Regarding alternative USB cables confirmed to work with 400 Series:

0 Kudos
HWang59
Beginner

Thanks for the helps.

I fixed the tripod problem. See the attached pictures.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I'm very glad you managed to fix it. .

0 Kudos
HWang59
Beginner

See attached two picepi don't stay connected.

0 Kudos