Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Help with native resolution 1440x900 in G33 chipset even installing the driver that is suposed to fix the issue

idata
Employee

Hi, I just got a new desktop computer with a Asus P5K-VM motherboard that comes with a Intel G31/33 graphic chipset.

I discovered that I was not able to select the resolution that my monitor needs, 1440x900, all the other resolutions look awful. I checked in the Intel website and there is a driver version that is supposed to fix this issue, but I have downloaded it and installed it and the problem remains, I can not select 1440x900 in the list of available resolutions.

The driver that I downloaded is located here: http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/cs-029955.htm

I have Windows XP Professional SP3.

Can somebody help me?

Thanks.

5 Replies
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Here is something you can try.

Open up display properties by right clicking on the desktop and selecting "Display Properties"

Click the "Settings" tab

Click the "Advanced" button

Click the "Monitor" tab

Uncheck the "Hide modes...." box

Click "OK"

Now use the "Screen Resolution" slider to select 1400x900.

Click "OK" and you're done!

0 Kudos
JWale
Beginner

I have the exact same issue: same chipset, xp professional, same desired res (1440x900), also tried installing the driver from intel that is supposed to specifically fix this problem.

It doesn't work, and Robert_U's suggestion doesn't work either.

0 Kudos
VTran9
Beginner

Here is my solution: WORK 100%

Window + X > Open Device Manager > Display Adapter > Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.0) > Right click > Disable.

Then you will have a black screen. Don't worry, force stop your computer by press power button in 5 secs. Turn it on, make sure you plug in your 1440x900 monitor. Window 8 and 10 will automatic detect the suggest screen resolution

0 Kudos
PPoeh
Beginner

Nope, this didn't work, the external monitor Dell 1909W remained in 1600x900 mode, and I am trying to get it into 1440x900 mode.

0 Kudos
EstebanA_C_Intel
Employee

Hello:

Have you tried uninstalling the graphics drivers from device manager and then let windows install the default drivers?

Regards,

Esteban C

0 Kudos