Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20495 Discussions

Intel HD driver crashes in 1080i@50 (interlaced)

idata
Employee

Hi,

I wanted to upgrade my HTPC connected to an old HDTV connected to VGA output and working in 1080i@50 (50Hz, interlaced).

So, i got a new MSI HD55M-ED55 and i3 530.Totally the PC is connected to one monitor per DVI and to a TV per VGA.

Mainboard BIOS v 1.3, the last one. Intel drivers were also the last currently available :

15.17.3.64.2104 - for Win7 64-bit

15.17.3.2104 - for Win7 32-bit

14.42.1.5248 - for Win XP 32-bit

The result:

- in Win XP the driver allows to select the mode 1080, but it refuses to produce interlaced signal. Only progressive 50 Hz.

- in Win7 after the change to the mode 1080i@50, the driver crashes. The system tries to recover it and after 2 or 3 tries the system friezes completely. So much for a new "stable" OS. In XP you usually receive at least BSOD.

Who knows, is this a hardware problem of i3 serie or HD55 or it is a driver problem. Is there a hope that Intel will fix the drivers?

Note: My old HTPC uses Intel G33 and have had no such problems.

Thank you.

Serge

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

How come everyone asks Intel when they buy some other brand of motherboard? Try Asking MSI??? They made the motherboard. Every motherboard manufacturer implements their BIOS and video slightly differently. I have seen a lot of problems traced back to the RAM not being totally compatible with the motherboard specifications. RAM specifications can be tricky.

0 Kudos