1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 7, 2011 5:12 PM by

Intel HD driver crashes in 1080i@50 (interlaced)

shs

Hi,

I wanted to upgrade my HTPC connected to an old HDTV connected to VGA output and working in 1080i@50 (50Hz, interlaced).

So, i got a new MSI HD55M-ED55 and i3 530.Totally the PC is connected to one monitor per DVI and to a TV per VGA.

Mainboard BIOS v 1.3, the last one. Intel drivers were also the last currently available :
      15.17.3.64.2104 - for Win7 64-bit
      15.17.3.2104  - for Win7 32-bit
      14.42.1.5248 - for Win XP 32-bit

The result:

- in Win XP the driver allows to select the mode 1080, but it refuses to produce interlaced signal. Only progressive 50 Hz.

- in Win7 after the change to the mode 1080i@50, the driver crashes. The system tries to recover it and after 2 or 3 tries the system friezes completely. So much for a new "stable" OS. In XP you usually receive at least BSOD.

Who knows, is this a hardware problem of i3 serie or HD55 or it is a driver problem. Is there a hope that Intel will fix the drivers?

Note: My old HTPC uses Intel G33 and have had no such problems.

Thank you.

Serge

• 1. Re: Intel HD driver crashes in 1080i@50 (interlaced)

How come everyone asks Intel when they buy some other brand of motherboard?  Try Asking MSI???  They made the motherboard.  Every motherboard manufacturer implements their BIOS and video slightly differently.  I have seen a lot of problems traced back to the RAM not being totally compatible with the motherboard specifications.  RAM specifications can be tricky.