7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 11, 2018 3:48 PM by Intel Corporation

Laptop Will Not Display Screen on TV

NigelT1

My Acer Aspire V5 571P with Windows 8.1 64 bit OS has stopped transferring laptop screen content on to a Sony Bravia TV via the HDMI ports.

It was working perfectly up to a couple of weeks ago, but for some reason no longer works. I have tried multiple times, connecting the cables in different order, but that hasn't resolved the problem.

I have checked the HDMI cable with other equipment and that doesn't seem to be the problem. I have also tried another HDMI cable and that doesn't work either. I have also tried other HDMI ports on the TV without success

Interestingly the FN + F5 key brings up the option of extended or duplicate displays and also Windows key + P, although it will not identify the TV as an extended device.

The laptop is running Intel (R) HD Graphics 3000 and I have checked for updates (none available) and checked with the Intel Support Assistant that the graphics are operating as they should be. However, when I go into Graphics Properties and click on the Monitor TV option a message comes up to say that 'Monitor/TV Settings Are Not Supported' and only recognises the laptop screen as the primary display with no option for extending the display.

I have checked on the Acer website but cannot see any updated graphics drivers being available for this model of laptop and I am a bit reluctant to start uninstalling and reinstalling Intel drivers before exhausting all other options.

I am not sure I am missing anything obvious, so any advice/potential solutions would be gratefully received.