Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14405 Discussions

Which Intel management driver for I5-6400 skylake?

idata
Employee

My PC's I5-6400 processor is not listed in the list of supported processors at https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27733/Intel-Management-Engine-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-and-Windows-10 Download Intel® Management Engine Driver for Windows 7*, 8.1*, and Windows® 10

The processor is I5-6400 2.7GHz 6Mb Cache LGA1151, product code BX80662i56400, S-Spec SR2BY EAN 5 032037 076616 Skylake 14nm technology

This PC previously ran WIndows7 and I could activate sleep mode.

Sleep is not available since update to windows 10:-

• will updating the management engine help?
  • Will the one on the site above work for this processor?

details:-

Intel Core i5 6400

Cores 4

Threads 4

Name Intel Core i5 6400

Code Name Skylake

Package Socket 1151 LGA

Technology 14nm

Specification Intel Core i5-6400 CPU @ 2.70GHz

Family 6

Extended Family 6

Model E

Extended Model 5E

Stepping 3

Revision R0

Instructions MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, Intel 64, NX, VMX, AES, AVX, AVX2, FMA3

Virtualization Supported, Enabled

Hyperthreading Not supported

Fan Speed 2339 RPM

Stock Core Speed 2700 MHz

Stock Bus Speed 100 MHz

Caches

L1 Data Cache Size 4 x 32 KBytes

L1 Instructions Cache Size 4 x 32 KBytes

L2 Unified Cache Size 4 x 256 KBytes

L3 Unified Cache Size 6144 KBytes

Motherboard ASRock H110M-DVS R2.0

Chipset Vendor Intel

Chipset Model Skylake

Chipset Revision 07

Southbridge Vendor Intel

Southbridge Model Skylake PCH

Southbridge Revision 31

BIOS

Brand American Megatrends Inc.

Version P7.30

Date 14/12/2016

C: (system disk) 223GB KINGSTON SCSI Disk Device (SATA-2 (SSD))

Graphics

Generic Non-PnP Monitor (1920x1080@64Hz) (Acer KA220HQ)

NVIDIA Microsoft Basic Display Adapter (NVIDIA) (INNO 3D Geforce GT730)

C:\Windows\System32>powercfg /A

The following sleep states are available on this system:

Hibernate

Fast Startup

The following sleep states are not available on this system:

Standby (S1)

The system firmware does not support this standby state.

An internal system component has disabled this standby state.

Graphics

Standby (S2)

Graphics

Standby (S3)

Graphics

Standby (S0 Low Power Idle)

Hybrid Sleep

Standby (S3) is not available.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Thank you very much for contacting the Intel Communities Team, caruabertu. I will be more than happy to assist you.

In order to install the Intel® Management Engine, we recommend using the Drivers provided by your system manufacturer. Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) drivers have been modified specifically for the motherboard design. The drivers provided by Intel are generic drivers and some features might not be available for your system.

Here you can find the download link for the Intel® Management Engine: http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/H110M-DVS%20R2.0/?cat=Download&os=Win10 http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/H110M-DVS%20R2.0/?cat=Download&os=Win10

Antony S.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, caruabertu.

I would like to double check if you were able to perform the troubleshooting steps that I attached to the post above and the results.

Antony S.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

The ASUS drivers on that page suggested are apparently the ones installed at build of this system as the system was built in March 2017.

I ran "https://www.drivereasy.com/ Drivereasy" which came up with a load of most likely bad suggestions - - which most likely would have bricked this box.

The only driver change I did was to run the CD with the INNO3D NVIDIA graphics driver installation to replace the "µsoft windows basic" graphics driver, then updated the driver to 23.21.13.9135 of 23/03/2018 via automatic (Windows) update in device manager.

– sleep mode was re-enabled thereafter and I disabled hibernate.

After update from Windows7 to Windows10, a problem still exists with the HP printer driver of the USB-attached HPdeskjet F4580, which comes up (original HP software) with garbage as in the picture - – apparently a common HP allinone printer problem, though on my German laptop Windows 10, the same (WiFI-attached) printer preferences are "NORMAL".

The only workaround which I found is to install the HP software in order to get the scanner driver plus the corrupt HP printer driver, then replace the printer driver with the µsoft windows10 one – not as functional as the HP one which has "presets" but the µsoft one works

NOTABENE:- As restore does not usually work in Windows 10 because of mysterious permissions problems with the windowsapps directory,

the advice "create a restore point" on most pages is a recipe for disaster if the updated driver messes up the system – restore fails

you probably will have to reset the computer and reinstall all the software which goes missing .

Better is to use a backup program to back up the system and data disks to an external HDD and create a "Windows PE" bootable disk or USB stick from which to restore a system and/or file backup, copying the resulting (multiple GB) backup file from the external HDD to a second location - e.g. locally via USB3 to a NAS device (using putty and linux commands).

Not for the faint-hearted
0 Kudos