5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 28, 2018 11:29 AM by Intel Corporation

NUC8i7HVK - latest update cycle - ISSUES

Thomas_K.

Hello again,

I was able to track some things down at least for my issues.

Upgrading BIOS from 40 to 44:

- No TPM available in Windows 10 (even though it is available in BIOS AND turned on)

- No power down after Windows shutdown. HDD is turning to continous acces but no power off of system.

- After revert back to BIOS 40 everything is working as expected again.

Upgrading to RADEON 18 driver:

- ONLY possible when INTEL gfx is turned on in BIOS (I for myself turned it off in BIOS, but with this setting Windows stoped working with black screen during installation)

- Installation of driver with INTEL gfx enabled -> Radeon can be installed but led to continous sceen flicker for my DP Acer XR342CK -> Regular work not possible any more since display turning on and off again and again

- Revert to Radeon driver 17 -> flicker only at start up for few times but than stable

- Clearly a driver issue since the standard windows driver is working without ANY issues but of course HDMI is not available and other driver related components. (So also not related to used cable or connection type)

It turned out that the latest update run was more like

99 nasty bugs in the code

99 nast bugs

take one down and path it up

117 bugs in the code.

Please Intel help here.

With best regards

Thomas

• 1. Re: NUC8i7HVK - latest update cycle - ISSUES
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello Thomas_K.

Thank you for joining the Intel Community Support.

I understand that you are having some problems after doing a BIOS update in your unit. I would like to further assist you. 

As a workaround, it is recommended to revert back to the previous BIOS update available (0040) as some issues as being reported. In the meantime, we will continue investigating this issue further.

I will get back to you soon. 

Wanner G.

• 2. Re: NUC8i7HVK - latest update cycle - ISSUES
            Hairy_Dutchman

I reverted my BIOS back to version 34, after having a lot of problems with my NUC connected to an LG OLED 65C7V and a DENON AVR-4300. No screen output after WIndows 10 putting the NUC into sleep mode (I had to power down by holding the power button, after installing BIOS 44), LEDs getting stuck in a permanent state (after BIOS 40), Sleeping Mode in general, video blanks (I guess HDCP issue?) etc. Now that I'm back on version 34, everything runs (nearly) perfect. I Always assumed

revisions to BIOSses were to eliminate bugs, not introduce a new bunch of them while not addressing previous bugs. Very odd this.

• 3. Re: NUC8i7HVK - latest update cycle - ISSUES
              Intel Corporation

Hello Thomas_K.

Thank you for joining the Intel Community Support.

We appreciate your feedback and apologize for any inconvenience caused. We are working on addressing this issue as soon as possible so that you can get the most out of our Intel® NUC. 

We will keep you updated once this is resolved. 

Wanner G.

• 4. Re: NUC8i7HVK - latest update cycle - ISSUES
                Snowgod

I too tried BIOS v44 and then the Radeon 18.5.1. All kinds of hiccups. Wake from sleep was either not working or with the power button it would wake but no peripheral control through USB or BLUTOOTH. screen flickering was constant at all resolutions.

After reinstalling BIOS v40 I then removed all display drivers and AMD software. took 3 reboots to fully remove. I then reinstalled Radeon Driver pkg from previous release (v17.7). Everything is now back to where it was before upgrades.

• 5. Re: NUC8i7HVK - latest update cycle - ISSUES
                  Intel Corporation

Hello Snowgod

Thank you for letting us know about these troubleshooting steps. Hopefully, other community peers will find them useful. 

We will keep you updated once we have additional information about these updates. 

Wanner G.