12 Replies Latest reply on Sep 5, 2018 10:43 AM by nbk1234

Nuc DE8315 Bios Update and Systeminstallissue

nbk1234

Hi, aber several crashes I tried to updated The Bios and Install a new OS in hope to get rid of several issues.

Via Internet it finds not the newest 0018 Version. So i tried to update via usb stick.

But everytime the Nuc reboots it get stuck.

Same happens when i pull the jumper as discribed it doesn't find any file.

I tried above steps with different USB sticks. diff sizes usb 2 usb 3 and so on.

Same result happens when i try to install a new Os via usb.

At last i tried it with a ssd and this also won't be recognized and get stuck in a black screen.

A second Intel NUC with same Bios shows the same Problems, only his also hdmi strikes.

So i think I told you everything i've done so far and I hope someone has a suggestion how to proceed next.

Feel Free to ask any question that might be still open.

• 1. Re: Nuc DE8315 Bios Update and Systeminstallissue
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello, nbk1234. Thank you very much for taking the time to reach the Intel Communities Team. I will do my best to assist you further.

First, let us try to restore the BIOS settings back to default. While the NUC is booting press F2 to access the BIOS and then press F9 and F10 to save the changes. 
          Then, please try with this BIOS version: https://downloadmirror.intel.com/27630/eng/TY0063.bio
          To complete the installation of the firmware, please follow this guide: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005850/mini-pcs.html

I have sent you a private message to discuss additional information about your unit.

Antony S.

• 2. Re: Nuc DE8315 Bios Update and Systeminstallissue
            Intel Corporation

Hello, nbk1234

I would like to double check if you were able to perform the troubleshooting steps that I attached to the post above and the results.

Antony S.

• 3. Re: Nuc DE8315 Bios Update and Systeminstallissue
              nbk1234

Sorry Anthony, is was very busy, so that it took a while.

Thank you for your help.

But neither the bio file and the instruction helped at all.

It remains all the same.

After confirming the update, the NUC reboots and get stuck at borot prom and i waited half an hour, but i could see not any kind of activity on the usb drive(it has a led).

As I tod before, bios update fails and also installation of  a new os.

But when you boot normal, you can attach any kind of usb devices (stick usb dvbt stick ) and the os recognizes them and install their drivers.

So that it is nit a usb problem as such, because the everything works fine, only the bios update and os installation fails.

• 4. Re: Nuc DE8315 Bios Update and Systeminstallissue
                Intel Corporation

Thank you very much for your reply, nbk1234

Can you please try formatting your USB drive to NTFS format? If this does not help, please proceed to clear the CMOS. In order to achieve so, please follow these steps: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005805/mini-pcs.html.

I have sent you a private message, please check your inbox.

Antony S.

• 5. Re: Nuc DE8315 Bios Update and Systeminstallissue
                  nbk1234

So i tried with ntfs formatted and clear CMOs(which i had done prior) but why not.

Its always the same result, after reboot nothing and a lot of it.

Any other suggestion. I wrote the pm answer you asked for as well.

• 6. Re: Nuc DE8315 Bios Update and Systeminstallissue
                    N.Scott.Pearson

Let's go back to the beginning and work through the process. Do everything I mention here; do not skip anything!

1. Reformat your USB 2.0 flash disk, on a Windows-based PC, using the FAT32 file system, with the Quick format option disabled. Avoid using USB 3.0 flash disk if you can. Do not use Linux- or MACOS-based PC!
                    2. Download the .BIO file (latest being TY0063.BIO) and place it in the root folder of the USB flash disk. Place no other files on the USB flash disk.
                    3. Properly close and eject this USB flash disk using Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media system tray applet. Do not just yank it out. If you are doing this directly on your NUC, do a Windows Shutdown instead.
                    4. Power off your NUC if it is not already.
                    5. Insert the USB flash disk into one of the blue USB 3.0 ports on the NUC.
                    6. Power on the NUC.
                    7. When the splash screen appears, hit F7 to indicate you want to update the BIOS.
                    8. Using the dialog presented, browse to the TY0063.BIO file on your USB flash disk and select it.
                    9. The NUC should reboot and proceed with the BIOS update.

If you cannot update the BIOS using the above process, follow this jumper-based BIOS Recovery process:

1. Open the bottom of your NUC and remove the yellow BIOS Configuration/Lock Jumper.
                    2. Insert the USB flash disk into one of the blue USB 3.0 ports on the NUC.
                    3. Power on the NUC.
                    4. If prompted for permission, tell it to proceed with the BIOS Recovery.
                    5. The NUC should automatically find the .BIO file and proceed to install it.
                    6. When prompted, power off NUC. If you see no display onscreen, wait 15 minutes before powering NUC back off.
                    7. Restore yellow BIOS Configuration/Lock jumper to pins 1-2 of the header.
                    8. Unplug USB flash disk.
                    9. Restore bottom cover.

Let me know if this doesn't work.

Hope this helps,

...S

• 7. Re: Nuc DE8315 Bios Update and Systeminstallissue
                      nbk1234

Hi thank you for your response, but i read all articles on the intel side, after the first problem occured and followed them to the letter.

I read also the articles in the forum specially that wiut zwindows pc format without quich Format) but this didn't work neither with fat32 nor with ntfs

both guides have i repeated 10 tikk 20 Times.

The F7 solution ends like i told before in the boot screen nothing happens.

The jumoper soluting don'T show any permissions message it shows a blank screen.

The led on the usb stick on boot up a little action but nt enough for a bios update.

• 8. Re: Nuc DE8315 Bios Update and Systeminstallissue
                        N.Scott.Pearson

There are two primary causes for BIOS Update and BIOS Recovery operations to fail without output:

1. Problem with memory. If the memory will not operate at the configured settings, the BIOS will recover and try again with lower settings. This will allow it to, for example, continue and boot to an O/S but, if a BIOS Update or Recovery operation was in progress, this operation is aborted.

2. Problem with USB Flash Disk. If the flash disk is not understood by the BIOS, it will be ignored. There is a much higher chance of this occurring during BIOS Recovery; the Recovery engine is not as sophisticated nor as compatible as the main BIOS (or the O/S). This is also why we ask for reformatting; the Linux and MACOS clones for FAT32 (like VFAT, for example) are not 100% compatible and thus not understood and many USB flash disks come preinitialized with these FAT32 clones.

Now, if you are using the F7 method and are successful selecting a BIO file for installation, the second issue is not the case. This makes the first issue all the more likely.

As a PC ages, its components will produce more and more noise over time. Noise levels can increase to the point where it eventually disaffects the operation of the memory bus(s). Operation at slower speeds may thus become necessary. Bottom line, new memory may outright fail and memory that works fine initially may degrade and eventually fail. This might be the fault of the DIMM, the fault of the processor, the fault of the board or a combination of elements. The fact that your memory was working fine and booting Windows does not mean that there isn't a brewing problem with it.

Hope this helps,

...S

• 9. Re: Nuc DE8315 Bios Update and Systeminstallissue
                          nbk1234

Hi, the usb seems to work fine, but i tried 8 diffent usb drives.

The first answer seems to point in the same dirrection as my thoughts.

I think that a 2 and a half year old mini pc is not old and i believe i operated it in normal enviroment.

The problem with the two nucs occured after the last bios update.

thank you very much for your explanation

• 10. Re: Nuc DE8315 Bios Update and Systeminstallissue
                            Intel Corporation

Hello, nbk1234

When updating your BIOS from a very old version to a newer one in just one update can make the update to fail. If this is the case, in the following link, in other versions section, you will find older versions of the BIOS. Please try performing the update gradually until you reach the latest version:
                            https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27932/NUCs-BIOS-Update-TYBYT10H-86A-?product=78577

Antony S.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                            • 11. Re: Nuc DE8315 Bios Update and Systeminstallissue
                              Intel Corporation

nbk1234,

Hope you were able to follow the previous suggestion.

Regards,

Intel Technical Support.

• 12. Re: Nuc DE8315 Bios Update and Systeminstallissue
                                nbk1234

Bios udate worked fine finally.

Rest follows

Thank you very much