3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 2, 2018 10:46 AM by Intel Corporation

Sweepstakes Winner or scam?

xtyronex48

Hey all. I entered the recent Intel i7-8086k anniversary giveaway, thinkinh I wouldn't win but I entered anyway because it wouldn't cost me anything to at least try;however, a few days ago I got an email saying im a potential winner. I clicked the link in the email so fast and entered the necessary shipping details. I usually wouldn't even open emails without being sure they were real and especially not links. I want to know if this was legit or a scam.Here's the screenshot.

Screenshot removed

• 1. Re: Sweepstakes Winner or scam?
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello xtyronex48
            Thank you for joining this Community.
          I am very glad to inform you that in this case, yes, you were selected as one of our winners of an  Intel® 8th Gen Core™ i7-8086k Limited Edition Processor (Sweepstakes)
          Please remove the screenshot of the email from this thread as soon as possible in order to keep your prize, since sharing the link or images of the e-mail may result in disqualification for prize eligibility.
          You will need to follow all the instructions from the e-mail and consider that Delivery times will vary by country, but could take up to 6-8 weeks after you have been contacted as a winner, and have confirmed your delivery details with us.

I hope this helps.
          Regards,
          Diego S.

• 2. Re: Sweepstakes Winner or scam?
            xtyronex48

I filled the form out the day it arrived.Has the cpu already shipped out? If so, is there or a tracking code? If not,when can I expect it

• 3. Re: Sweepstakes Winner or scam?
              Intel Corporation
              This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello xtyronex48
                Thank you for your response, congratulations for the win.
              In this case tracking numbers are not available.
              The delivery could take up to 6-8 weeks after you have been contacted as a winner, and have confirmed your delivery details with us through the email.
              If after that amount of time you do not receive your prize, feel free to contact us again so we can investigate make sure that you will receive t.
              Regards,
              Diego S.