Thank you for joining the community.
In order to help you better, I would like to gather more information about the configuration you have on the computer. Please attach to this thread the TXT file the Intel® System Support Utility will generate: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility
Steps to save the report:
- Run the utility.
- Click on “Scan” to get the scanned system.
- Once the scan is complete click on “next”.
- Use the “save” option, save the report to your desktop.
- To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom right-hand corner of the response box.
Thank you for your response.
Looking into the report that you have provided I noticed that you are running Windows® 10 on your system. I was looking for graphics driver provided by the manufacturer for Windows® 10, in this case, seems that they don’t have any available. See the following link for reference:
Search criteria used:
- Product, Accessory or Service Type*: Portables
- Family: Satellite
- Series: Satellite P series
- Model: Satellite P50t
- Short Part Number: all
- Operating system: Windows 10 - 64 bit
- Driver Type: all
- Country: all
- Language: all
- Date of upload newer than: yyyy-mm-dd
- Keywords: none
For testing purposes you could try generic graphics driver for Intel® HD graphics 4600 controllers following the next steps:
- Download the graphics driver ZIP file: https://downloadmirror.intel.com/27780/a08/win64_184.108.40.20663.zip (latest version)
- Unzip the file to a designated location or folder.
- Right-click Windows Start icon and open Device Manager.
- Click “Yes” when prompted for permission from User Account Control.
- Expand the Display adapters section.
- Right-click the Intel® graphics entry and select Update Driver Software.
- Click “Browse my computer for driver software”.
- Click “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.
- Click “Have Disk”.
- Click “Browse”.
- Access the designated location or folder, and access a folder called “Graphics”.
- Select the file called “igdlh64” or “igdlh”.
- Click Open, then click OK, and finally click “Next”. Drivers are now being installed.
- Reboot your computer.
- And let me know if you have any issues during the installation.
Could you provide me with the graphics report of your system (complete the report with the external display connected to the system), follow the steps to complete the report:
- Right-click on the Desktop, and click on Graphics Properties.
- Click Options and Support, and then click Information Center.
- Click on Save (save it in your desktop).
- please attach the report to the thread
I think the issue could be coming from the HDMI output on your laptop. If the HDMI port on your laptop is revision 1.4 then it is not capable of driving 3840x2160@60hz due to insufficient video bandwidth.
I searched online for the specifications of the Toshiba Satellite P50t-B1393, but I couldn't find anything that confirms if the HDMI port is revision 1.4 or revision 2.0.
Have you checked this with Toshiba? Do you have any manual or datasheet that confirms the revision of the HDMI output?