Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20600 Discussions

UHD 630 drivers screen Flashing on MSI GL63 8RC (1080p @ 60Hz)

BB2
Beginner

Hi,

I'm aware this is a really old post and an NUC support topic, but I am also experiencing screen flickering issue due to the UHD 630 drivers on my MSI GL63 8RC, in 1080p resolution 60Hz refresh rate.

Having brightness set to anything less than 100% causes the sceen to flicker. This is some problem that you can fix with a driver update, but it has been so long and yet a fix is not found. Can you please guide me as to how I can fix it? cvare

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Ronny_G_Intel

Hi layman806,

I moved your question over to the "Graphics" community as it will be better served here since you have a MSI* based on system running an Intel Graphics chipset.

Regards,

Ronny G

idata
Employee

Hello layman806

Thank you for joining the community.

In order to collect the information on your case could you help me with the following information?

• The DxDiag report. Please follow these steps:
    • 1. In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R.
    • 2. In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter.
    • 3. Click on Save All Information (save it in your desktop).
    • 4. Attach the .TXT file to the thread.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
BB2
Beginner

Category

Questions

Answers (N/A if not applicable)

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue

Screen flickers whenever screen brightness set to less than 100%. When the brightness is set to 100% no issue, but my eyes hurt on that level, so it makes little sense to use it that way.

Please place an X to the right of the option showing how often you see this issue using specific steps. (Ex: 'Every few times a game is started it flickers.' <- This would be "Often")<p> 

Always (100%): X

Often (51-99%):

Sporadic (20-50%):

Very Sporadic (<20%):

Hardware (HW)

Brand and Model of the system.

MSI GL63 8RC

Hybrid or switchable graphics system?

ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?

Yes, Intel UHD 630 and Nvidia GTX 1050

Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below). 

LFP = Local Flat Panel (Laptop panel)

<strong style="font-style: inherit; font...
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello layman806

Thank you for your response.

Have you tried other driver version your system for this situation? If yes please let me know what version.

You can try to test the system with the generic driver version for your Intel® UHD graphics 630, follow these steps in order to update the graphics driver:
  1. Download the graphics driver ZIP file: https://downloadmirror.intel.com/27847/a08/win64_24.20.100.6136.zip https://downloadmirror.intel.com/27847/a08/win64_24.20.100.6136.zip (latest driver version)
  2. Unzip the file to a designated location or folder.
  3. Right-click Windows Start icon and open Device Manager.
  4. Click "Yes" when prompted for permission from User Account Control.
  5. Expand the Display adapters section.
  6. Right-click the Intel® graphics entry and select Update Driver Software.
  7. Click "Browse my computer for driver software".
  8. Click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".
  9. Click "Have Disk".
  10. Click "Browse".
  11. Access the designated location or folder, and access a folder called "Graphics".
  12. Select the file called "igdlh64" or "igdlh".
  13. Click Open, then click OK, and finally click "Next". Drivers are now being installed.
  14. Reboot your computer.
  15. And let me know if you have any issues during the installation.

Please bear in mind that due to you are using a laptop system we recommend to use the drives provided by the system manufacturer.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
BB2
Beginner

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply. I tried all the above, but the issue persists.

I also sought help from msi support. They suggested a BIOS update and using the msi recommended driver version. That improved the situation but did not solve it. Maybe it is a hardware related issue, and I have asked for a RMA or replacement. I hope they do that and I don't have to go to college without a laptop next month.

0 Kudos