2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 21, 2018 3:22 PM by GeneSmith334

intel optane 32GB caching

GeneSmith334

Hey, I am not very knowledgeable on the topic, but is there a way to keep specific files cached in the optane 32GB drive, for example the operating system (or what ever the optane module normally caches for the OS, to ensure fast computer boots)? I noticed that if the computer is on for a very long time and many applications are loaded up, then I restart the computer, it will boot up slower than it would have if all those applications were not loaded.

Thanks

• 1. Re: intel optane 32GB caching
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi GeneSmith334,

Thank you for contacting our support community.

We understand your concern regarding the  Intel® Optane™ Memory.

We would like to let you know that as per Optane(TM) FAQ, the module accelerates the following files:

• Start or boot
          • Search and find files
          • Save large files
          • Launch applications

However, based on the issue description. We recommend you to make sure that the Fast startup of Windows(R) 10 is disabled.

NOTE: Links to third party sites are being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.

Please let us know the outcome of your situation. If so, please provide the following information:

*Please download and run the Intel® System Support Utility. Run the scan selecting "Everything." Save this report and upload.
          *Please provide the Optane(TM) logs located here: C:\Users\[your user name]\Intel\Logs

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Regards,
          Junior M.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: intel optane 32GB caching
            GeneSmith334

Thank You, disabling fast start up made a massive difference to the boot times.