4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 27, 2018 9:35 AM by Intel Corporation

Is the barometer used by PX4 EKF?

Ambika_Verma

I did the following quick test today -

Indoors with no GPS: connected aero to QGC and monitored the altitude_asml (while EKF2_HGT_MODE is set to barometric pressure).

But in this case there is no value shown for altitude_asml and altitude_relative.

Outdoors with GPS:

connected aero to QGC and monitored the altitude_asml (while EKF2_HGT_MODE is set to barometric pressure).

But in this case the accurate value is shown in the QGC and tends to track with the GPS_alt data. and altitude_relative shows the expected value in meters.

Is the barometric pressure not connected on the intel aero?
      I did see online that the flight controller has a barometric pressure sensor MS5611 - 94 (References) Sensors GPIOs LEDs CAN bus · intel-aero/meta-intel-aero Wiki · GitHub

how can I access data of the pressure sensor? given that I cannot see it being used in QGC (since I expect the pressure sensor to provide altitude data when indoors even in absence of GPS).

as per this issue one cannot access the pressure sensor from i2cget - Pressure Sensor and Mag Sensor · Issue #221 · intel-aero/meta-intel-aero · GitHub

imu sensor data in mavlink inspector (QGC) -