2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 25, 2018 4:20 PM by Intel Corporation

Intel Wireless Adapter Driver having sporadic disconnections

KGraham

I've had a Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I (Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260) wireless adapter for about 2 years now, and never had any issues with it. It's only until recently that I'm having various disconnection issues that seem to be heavily software related. At random times during a day (sometimes having breaks of several days with no occurence of the issue), my PC will freeze up two to three times for about 2 seconds, over 10 seconds. At the same time, my wireless connection gets dropped, as if the adapter had gotten disabled. When having Windows 10 troubleshoot the issue, it generally tells me that "The Default Gateway was not available" (if I remember correctly), or sometimes that an ethernet cable wasn't plugged in correctly.

I've attempted installing various versions of the Intel Wireless Adapter drivers to solve the issue, but nothing seems to work. I formatted my PC about 4 days ago as well, hoping it might help, but it apparently hasn't. I also bought another wireless adapter originally, expecting the issue to potentially be hardware related, though that adapter seems to be having issues with connection speed, almost dividing my speed by 10.

I'm at a loss of what I could do here, and would really love if someone could help me out here.